Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cappy...

Get better Jim

He created a beautiful paradise to retire in - Love his dogs - Hope he can enjoy it again

Double Banded
    June 30th from Carol on FB...

Update....

First of all, Jim is much better and almost got transferred to Carrus Rehab this morning. But, his Pulmonary doctor cancelled at the last minute since he wanted to view his lungs internally, which is now scheduled for first thing tomorrow AM. In the meantime, his Speech Therapist also scheduled a viewing of his swallowing this afternoon and he passed with flying colors (will start w...ith soft solids like yogurt). He is still incoherent and fuzzy in his though process at times, but that will improve with a little more time. As far as PT, they have him sitting and even standing, of course with their help.

So far, he is not fighting the transfer to Rehab. I think he realizes that he does not have the strength to do things on his own so that is a "big" relief!

Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts!!!!

Cool Club
    Better news for sure
    When in doubt, you can always pee on it.
    Neil Camp-Works for me, you technological Pygmy.

Cool Club
    Good deal. Boy this reads exactly like my father-in-law's deal a year ago.

Double Banded
    July 3rd - From Carol...

Sorry about not updating.......

Jim has been going through some ups and downs over the last few days. Nice, calm and relaxed one moment, a little disoriented the next and very ornery last night! He was diagnosed with "pulmonary hypertension" a couple of days ago which is an uncommon and sever pulmonary condition. However, with the proper treatment his Doctor is hoping for good results, although it will be a long process.

Again, I thank all you ..........

Cool Club
    Good deal
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan

Double Banded
    July 5th from Carol...

Update....

Sad to report that Jim is back on sedatives, antibiotics and the vent as of yesterday. He developed an infection which they are testing. Those results that have been completed so far are good, still waiting for those that will take up to 48 hours. He is doing a little better and is at least comfortable.

I sincerely appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers for Jim throughout this ordeal!

Double Banded
    Jim, Carol and the dawgs are in our prayers!
    God bless you and yours!

Cool Club
    Prayers up Jim! John Wayne this and get well!

Double Banded
    July 10th from Carol...

Update.......

Haven't updated since Jim went back on the vent, but Jamie has pretty much explained what has been going on. As I write this Jim has stabilized and is at least resting comfortably. Once his oxygen level stabilizes the doctor will perform a trach.
    He still has a long way to go, including rehab.

Puppies miss him terribly, especially Rusty, he's besides himself .... doesn't know wh...at to do. Remi on the other hand is ultra quiet. Jim told me, before he went back on the vent, to be sure to charge the video camera to film his reunion!

Jay and Marley go back to Las Vegas on Saturday. On one hand they were a handful but on the other hand somewhat helpful keeping me busy. Jay was a big help feeding the ducks and pigeons and even cleaning the house for me!

Please know that I love you all for sharing your concern! It sure mean a lot to both Jim and myself!

Only the Green!
    Prayers for Jim. What exactly happened, did he have a stroke?

Double Banded

July 16th...

Update......

Jim was finally transferred to a Long Term Acute Care Rehab Hospital this afternoon. His trach was done on Monday and after a few minor tweaks yesterday they transported him to Carrus. The goal is to wean him off the vent within 2 weeks and at the same time start speech and physical therapy. They will be pushing him hard (better them, than me) to get him home within about a month. Now the hard work begins and a lot will have to depend on him. Although he should stay relaxed, he is restless, agitated and wants so desperately to talk. I'm sure he is totally frustrated as well!

It's been a long month and I continue to thank you all for your concern!

Double Banded
    This is where he is and according to the information desk, he can receive visitors.

http://www.carrushospital.com/

olepal

Cool Club
    Hope things are progressing well.

Double Banded
    July 28th from Carol...

Update......

Sorry I haven't posted since Jim was transitioned to LT Acute Rehab...but no news was good news! He is slowly but surely improving with only a few minor hiccups in between. The vent was removed a few days ago and he is on a collar, vitals are stable and is doing well with PT. They will be down sizing his trach and hopefully that will allow him to use the speaking valve. Currently he is unable to use it for any length of time and I have a difficult time trying to read his lips...in fact we both end up getting upset with each other! I've been assured that he is getting better and as the doctors have said.....it will be a long process. I can't believe that he was admitted into the hospital on June 18th and Rehab on July 16th!

Again, my sincere thank you for your continued concern!

He is one tough old bird

Double Banded
    August 10th - from Carol...

Update.....

Just got home from the hospital and a little shopping and yes, as Jamie has posted his trach came out one week ago and he was transferred from ICU to Long Term Acute a few days ago (I think it was the 7th, but my brain is just as fuzzy as Jim's). Got to his new room and he wasn't in his bed so thought they had him out walking. Went to check out the bathroom and there he was sitting and taking a shower, with the help of OT nurses. I screamed and jumped for joy s...ince it was like a 180 turn around! Speech therapy did a swallowing test and he was cleared for solids, but no liquids. They are targeting a release date of this Wednesday (I personally think that it is too soon) so we'll just wait and see. I know that he is mentally ready to get home and that may be his best medicine. He's been talking to Remi and Rusty over the speaker. They still recognize his froggy voice....Rusty smells and licks the phone and his butt wiggles 100mph! I'm sure the first place he heads to is this computer to catch-up and write his own message to all of you.
    Can't thank you enough for your concern and for following his progress!

Cool Club

Double Banded
    I'll second the Ducksters

Only the Green!
    Great news