Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SiriusXM

Double Banded

SiriusXM

Free siriusXM ran out on wife's car recently and she wants it back. I keep getting offers in the mail for $30 for first 6-months and $16 per month after that. What is everyone paying, and can you call and negotiate a better deal or similar deal ($5/mo) for a longer period of time?

TIA

-Matt

Only the Green!
    Pandora and I Heart Radio.

90 percent of Sirius is a loop that just plays over and over and any news or live feed that I can get on SXM, I can get on I Heart or AM/FM.
    SXM seems to have priced themselves out of the market, or they are trying to make up for all of the Lifetime $180.00 ish accounts they sold back in 08 or 09 when ever it was.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by t mac 3 View Post
    Pandora and I Heart Radio.

90 percent of Sirius is a loop that just plays over and over and any news or live feed that I can get on SXM, I can get on I Heart or AM/FM.
    SXM seems to have priced themselves out of the market, or they are trying to make up for all of the Lifetime $180.00 ish accounts they sold back in 08 or 09 when ever it was.
    Agreed, but I get into areas in my travels where there is no cell reception for hours. One area we hunt in MT I can't even get FM. When traveling through NM there is a 5 hour stretch where I have cell service for a grand total of 20 minutes.

Only the Green!
    I was paying the $30 for 6 months and told them not to keep my card on file, low and behold last December they tried to bill me for the full amount on 2 radios. I called the card company and denied the charges and then called SXM and told them to take a hike. They have called, emailed and snail mailed me the $30 offer and I told them that is not a deal, but I would do it for $30 a year. Currently I am listening to HD radio and Slacker, so not missing them at all

Pond Popper
    We have 2 radios. My wife has to call them every year and threaten to drop service. Negotiations them begin. She got them down to $18 per month for 2 radios this year.

Only the Green!
    I told them to drop me this morning. They initially offered $99/year. Then $50 for 6 months. Finally got them to $30 for 6 months. In the past if you hold out they will eventually send a mailer for $25/6 months. I listen to local sports talk radio anyway so no biggie. Seems to me like Sirius really has a here is th price take it or leave it.

I also would never give them unscrupulous bastards a CC number. I wrote a check each time and made sure to cancel before the promo was up.

Double Banded
    FM radio works just fine for me. Bottles of water that cost the same as a soda and pay radio. Two things I just don't get.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
    FM radio works just fine for me. Bottles of water that cost the same as a soda and pay radio. Two things I just don't get.
    Have you ever had Sirius? I fukin hate commercials and ads. Worth the $11/month I pay.

OP- i pay $132 yr for me and $69/yr for wife's car. No CC either.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by kswaterfowler View Post
    I told them to drop me this morning. They initially offered $99/year. Then $50 for 6 months. Finally got them to $30 for 6 months. In the past if you hold out they will eventually send a mailer for $25/6 months. I listen to local sports talk radio anyway so no biggie. Seems to me like Sirius really has a here is th price take it or leave it.

I also would never give them unscrupulous bastards a CC number. I wrote a check each time and made sure to cancel before the promo was up.
    By far a much better deal than the $99/year deal..................................

In College ****ing Station.

Double Banded
    If no CC, how do you pay? Check?

Only the Green!
    I think you can do Pay Pal, but for sure you can go to Krooker and get a pre paid Visa then put a $100 on it and use that.

Double Banded
    Quote Originally Posted by t mac 3 View Post
    I think you can do Pay Pal, but for sure you can go to Krooker and get a pre paid Visa then put a $100 on it and use that.
    10 4.

Double Banded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
    Have you ever had Sirius? I fukin hate commercials and ads. Worth the $11/month I pay.

OP- i pay $132 yr for me and $69/yr for wife's car. No CC either.
    Have free xm on a car now. Still listen to fm.

Cool Club
    One of the features I like on my new truck is Apple Iplay. Any streaming audio app works fine and 100% free. Skip the XM.
    When going through hell...............keep walking

Cool Club
    The brokedick is strong in this thread.
    google blue waffle

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Markstanco View Post
    The brokedick is strong in this thread.

That hurts man
    When going through hell...............keep walking

Double Banded
    I prefer listening to local radio. When that don't work someone that grew up hauling cases of 8 tracks around has no trouble with a few cd's. Right now 2 Steeldrivers cd's covers the time radio just won't do with no problems. Last month a Red Octopus covered that time. For the cost of an mp3 player you could have what might as well be all the music in the world with no talk what so ever. Why pay a subscription? That's just plain stupid. They should call these pay services a stupidity tax.

Only the Green!
    I pay with check.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by A5Mag12 View Post
    I prefer listening to local radio. When that don't work someone that grew up hauling cases of 8 tracks around has no trouble with a few cd's. Right now 2 Steeldrivers cd's covers the time radio just won't do with no problems. Last month a Red Octopus covered that time. For the cost of an mp3 player you could have what might as well be all the music in the world with no talk what so ever. Why pay a subscription? That's just plain stupid. They should call these pay services a stupidity tax.
    Right, because music is the ONLY thing on Sat radio.

Cool Club
    I just got a vehicle that you can't get xm radio. about to pull my hair out. one thing I liked about it was being able to listen to cnn or fox news if I was on a road trip for several days away from a tv.

I need to study up about Pandora and I heart, because it does have Bluetooth capability. I'm dumb about phones and have no idea where to start.