Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Chandeluer trip

  1. #21
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Barrio
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
    Next FF get together?!?!?!
    I would be in in this.

    I wanted to go on the trip with QB, just had too many irons in the fire with work.

  2. #22
    Double Banded
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Flo Mo
    Posts
    1,308
    I haul my boat down and fish around the MRGO just west of where you were a few times a year. Love that area and always catch tons of fish.

  3. #23
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
    I would be in in this.

    I wanted to go on the trip with QB, just had too many irons in the fire with work.
    Wish you would have. One guy ended up being a DB.

    Still had one opening after a guy backed out 1230 Saturday.

    I learned a lot between setting this up and going. Y'all want to make one, I'm down. From speaking with boat owner yesterday might as well look for dates in 2018. 70% return customers book quick.
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

  4. #24
    Jr Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    225
    Just got back myself, was on the DUE SOUTH. To hell with those skiffs, Ill be taking my boat next time!

  5. #25
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by LODI View Post
    Just got back myself, was on the DUE SOUTH. To hell with those skiffs, Ill be taking my boat next time!
    I understand quite a few do that. Other than speed and comfort I'm not sure it's worth dragging my boat that far.

    We were set next to due south at the dock
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

  6. #26
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,103
    Looks like the 3 day is just a touch more than the 2 day. Any reason not to do 3 if you have the time?

  7. #27
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    Looks like the 3 day is just a touch more than the 2 day. Any reason not to do 3 if you have the time?
    I thought about the 3 day but the boat owner pretty much talked me out of it. He claimed a lot of times the group wont fish the last day and go in early and sometimes the just stay and party. Sometimes they have all the fish they can keep and the 3rd day is catch and release only. I was really amazed at the amount of corporate trips that go and never leave the boat. They basically stay on the mothership and drink the whole time??

    I will say if we had done a 3 day we probably would have come back with twice the fish. One the weather wasnt the best till the second day and two it took about a day to get keyed in on the fish and what they wanted. A 3 day may be the ticket if you have a boat of rookies who need to learn the islands.
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

  8. #28
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I thought about the 3 day but the boat owner pretty much talked me out of it. He claimed a lot of times the group wont fish the last day and go in early and sometimes the just stay and party. Sometimes they have all the fish they can keep and the 3rd day is catch and release only. I was really amazed at the amount of corporate trips that go and never leave the boat. They basically stay on the mothership and drink the whole time??

    I will say if we had done a 3 day we probably would have come back with twice the fish. One the weather wasnt the best till the second day and two it took about a day to get keyed in on the fish and what they wanted. A 3 day may be the ticket if you have a boat of rookies who need to learn the islands.
    I was thinking a 3 day trip, with a 2nd day half assed to relax would be perfect. Maybe commit to an afternoon after tarpon, or chumming blacktip on bass tackle. More rum and relaxation than hard core trout.

  9. #29
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Barrio
    Posts
    4,953
    So when is the FFCIBD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    I was so wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
    No f'ing way I'm climbing up on that bitch. I've since met a guy.

  10. #30
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    2,996
    Most folks can't fish more than 2 days. Heck, most folks are totally spent after a full day of fishing. But, like has been said it would be nice to do 3 days and just go at a little easier pace.

    I'd like to go do that trip.

  11. #31
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
    So when is the FFCIBD?
    I WILL go back. Just a matter of when.

    I'd like the next one to be October. The VI is taking deposits on Oct 2018 already. They had a great crew. The captain has already sent pics of the trip after us and of course they slayed the trout on the first day.
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

  12. #32
    SR Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    katy
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    Most folks can't fish more than 2 days. Heck, most folks are totally spent after a full day of fishing. But, like has been said it would be nice to do 3 days and just go at a little easier pace.

    I'd like to go do that trip.
    Glenn, you were actually parked next to us Saturday at the harbor. I was going to walk over and introduce myself, but you were not in your boat when I got back. Hope the wind wasn't too bad for you and your clients. We were fishing that shrine tourney but it was carbon copy 6 pound redfish all day.

  13. #33
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brazoria County, TX
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    Most folks can't fish more than 2 days. Heck, most folks are totally spent after a full day of fishing. But, like has been said it would be nice to do 3 days and just go at a little easier pace.

    I'd like to go do that trip.
    Here, here.
    Thanks,
    Barrett Hall

    Teach your kids to hunt, and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

  14. #34
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,318
    May, june are best months.

  15. #35
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sw Louisiana
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
    May, june are best months.
    Prove it

  16. #36
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbilla View Post
    Prove it
    How?

  17. #37
    Double Banded
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    943
    Quote Originally Posted by aTm08 View Post
    Glenn, you were actually parked next to us Saturday at the harbor. I was going to walk over and introduce myself, but you were not in your boat when I got back. Hope the wind wasn't too bad for you and your clients. We were fishing that shrine tourney but it was carbon copy 6 pound redfish all day.
    That friggin wind was ridiculous. I got excited watching the wind reports last week before we went down thinking it'd be closer to 10-15 versus 20 but I guess I was wrong. West Matty sure was a rough ride.

    And you're spot on about 3 days of fishing Glenn, I felt like a new born baby trying to walk for the first time when I got outta bed this morning.

  18. #38
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by 2indapink View Post
    May, june are best months.
    Charters say end of September to October then April and May
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

  19. #39
    Double Banded
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Willis, TX
    Posts
    740
    Is your dad Victor Wong from the movie 3 Ninjas?

  20. #40
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb Dude View Post
    Is your dad Victor Wong from the movie 3 Ninjas?
    No. However, he has suffered at least 3 TIAs and a bout with bell's palsy
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •