Thread: R-N-T story. Don't think my friend will mind...

Double Banded

R-N-T story. Don't think my friend will mind...

A good friend posted this on Facebook today. He and his two youngsters, along with a friend or two, just returned from a duck hunting trip to AR. Here is his story:

Sorry this is long, but this story is for all of my buddies and friends who hunt: We were hunting in Arkansas last week. My son, Colby, blew the guts out of his snow goose call and lost the cork. We travelled down to Mack's Prairie Wings in Stuttgart to check out the store and see if we could get his call fixed. They said no, but we could try going next door to the R-N-T store and they might fix it there. Colby wanted a 'new' call but I said no and we went next door (and ironically only had about 15 minutes before we had to get back on road). An elderly gentleman came out and asked how we could help us.....I nudged Colby and said to tell him what he needed. This nice man said "no problem, son, let me take a look at it" and proceeded to take the call...and all of Colby's calls on the lanyard, and go back to his shop. A few minutes later he reappeared blowing the snow call and told Colby he had fixed it and if he didnt mind he would fix the rest o...f the calls. We said fine, and the man took Colby over to his personal shop in the store and fixed/tuned all of Colby's calls. It was then that Jeff Gorski and I realized who this old man was.....he was none other than Butch Richenback, Founder/owner of Rich-N-Tone duck calls....and former world champion duck caller. Butch fixed & Tuned every call on Colby's lanyard, and then proceeded to give Colby a personal lesson in calling for almost 10 minutes. There are small things that happen in life that end up meaning a lot.....this was one of those moments for us. There are a a lot of great duck calls out there, but from this day forward I will always hold a special place for RNT and the time Butch spent with Colby---and they may have just made a lifetime customer with Colby. oh yeah....it was all done at "no cost".

hoot

Cool Club
    Butch is a good man
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan

Jr Hunter
    Glad to hear it. They're always happy to help at the RNT store.

Double Banded
    I was there with my dad and brother on Thursday. We spent time at Mack's and then hustled over to RNT. We spent a good while talking with John, Jimbo, and Butch. Great guys...all of them.