Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuna

Pond Popper

Tuna

Any of y'all fish tuna. Blackfin or yellow

Cool Club
    Listening. The wife hit me up for a "deep sea" fishing trip. I was thinking tuna out of Venice or Grand Isle in the spring.
    Custodis Mortalis

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

- Jeremiah 31:33

Running 87 actually had a good post, yall could learn something from it!!!
    That's freaking clever.
    Guys pretty smart

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' 87 View Post
    Listening. The wife hit me up for a "deep sea" fishing trip. I was thinking tuna out of Venice or Grand Isle in the spring.
    Venice. Mean no disrespect but they will wear your shit out so she better have some fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    Anything more than a mullet is going to give her some work. She mentioned it. What Momma wants, Momma gets.
    Custodis Mortalis

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

- Jeremiah 31:33

Running 87 actually had a good post, yall could learn something from it!!!
    That's freaking clever.
    Guys pretty smart

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadwall View Post
    Any of y'all fish tuna. Blackfin or yellow
    Yep. What you want to know?

Cool Club
    Venice in October

Cool Club
    Anything more than a mullet is going to give her some work.
    Ask your charter to provide a bent butt rod and let her catch em like the wicked tuna guys do.

Cool Club
    Done the yellowfin/ dolphin trip several times. Not sure if the Gulf guys do greenstick rigs or not. That's a blast. Kind of like a kite rig but better.

Light tackle dolphin on a grass line can be a lot of fun even if the fish aren't huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Pat, You can have a damn horsecock sammich for all I care. Dont come cryin to me all hungry and whining you ungrateful redbone Beauregard parish illegitimate git of a pulpwooder and a truck stop hoe. Lucky for you that Mr. n Mrs. Wells took you in after finding you in a bar ditch.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hilljack View Post

Light tackle dolphin on a grass line can be a lot of fun even if the fish aren't huge.
    Did it lots of times in Key West. Great times. Ducko is right (as always) Oct is prime for tuna out of Venice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the Green!
    Venice pretty much any time of year.

Pond Popper
    Going to be in Galveston first of June was wondering if anyone would trade a fishing trip for ducks and pheasants in Kansas. Would like to get tuna if possible but maybe that's too big an operation. Really want to get stuff on the fly rod,like black fin and dolphin.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonbilla View Post
    Venice pretty much any time of year.
    Hasnít it been April the past few years that the Mexican gulf guys have landed blue fins with some regularity?

Only the Green!
    Going to be in Galveston first of June was wondering if anyone would trade a fishing trip for ducks and pheasants in Kansas. Would like to get tuna if possible but maybe that's too big an operation. Really want to get stuff on the fly rod,like black fin and dolphin.
    Itís a lot of gas to get to the tuna grounds from galveston. You can catch black fins a little closer in, but every time we have caught yellow fin tuna it has been 100 or more miles from the jetties.

Pond Popper
    It takes a lot of gas for a trip to Cheyenne Bottoms and several days of pheasants too.

Only the Green!
    Where is Cheyenne bottoms?

Only the Green!
    First of June? Next June?

I don't think any of the Texas guys on here have boats for offshore but I may be wrong.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by aTm08 View Post
    Hasn’t it been April the past few years that the Mexican gulf guys have landed blue fins with some regularity?
    Bluefin are illegal

Pond Popper
    60 miles north east of me near great bend. The premier waterfowl area in Kansas. If someone wanted ducks that is where I would take them. Granted I know it takes a lot more fuel to run a boat than a pickup but we would help with that.

Pond Popper
    Blackfin edible???

Only the Green!
    Going to be in Galveston first of June
    I will keep you in my prayers.

Seriously, an kind of tuna bite is way the frick out there and June is kinda a down month for them anyway. Usually gets better in the late Summer/early Fall. I haven't been really deep out of Galveston since we typically run out of Freeport, which is somewhat further South, but we typically will do an over-nighter at a cluster of rigs at about the 90 mile range to chase tuna and any other fish that we can hook up with. This is almost an on the fly trip since it takes pretty calm seas to make that trip even remotely fun and it is always a crap shoot with getting 2's or less to make me want to spend the money and time to pull that off. If you are serious, I would work a trip over to Venice as others have said.