Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Live Hunt Rut

Only the Green!
    Crawled in the stand at 0745. Ive seen a doe 80 yds se and had a button buck right below me. Gian scrape due south 30 yards. Packrat chewed up my padded seat so cold and uncomfortable. Wind is building and supposed to gust to 40. Dont know how much longer I will sit

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by swing View Post
    well, after reading all the responses, i guess ill just go to the doc and have him turn my pecker inside out. ill have to scissor the wife from now on.

Cool Club
    I am froze didn’t dress right with the snow. Going to try to power to 11 then head home and change for the afternoon

Only the Green!
    All the guys I talked to here said theyíre bedded up tight this morning. Itís supposed to blow here until about 3 then back off to nearly nothing at sundown. Iíd bet this afternoon will be the best of the year so far. Letting the farm I had the showdown at last night sit all weekend as there will be pheasant hunters around so will let the deer congregate in the river for a few days. Next week will be nuts I have a feeling. Momma gonna hunt her brotherís farm today and tomorrow while Iím gone pheasant hunting with some other family. Geese showed in droves last 2 days too. I absolutely love this time of year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    I didn’t make it to 11. Had a decent one come through at 80 but not sure if he was a shooter. Will be back out in an hour or so went and got better cloths.

Cool Club
    Have better clothes but it is still cold I am sweating like a mo fo.

Walked in on a flock of turkeys nailed one and followed blood for 200 yards prolly killed the deer hunt. Those things are hard to kill with a bow. Not sure if I want to try shooting at them again.

Only the Green!
    Hit them high watch them die, hit them low watch them go.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by kswaterfowler View Post
    Hit them high watch them die, hit them low watch them go.
    I think that is what happened.

Only the Green!
    Wait for one to be looking straight on to you. Aim for the base of the neck. Won't run a lick and barely flop around. Don't ruin any meat. Thank me later.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    Or, lead 4s in the face.

Bang. Flop. Dead.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job

Only the Green!
    My Dad got pretty good at killing them with a bow. Used one of those expandable browheads, made a bigger hole

Cool Club
    Hit with 2" expandable. It was sideways. I aimed just up the leg. I think I must have hit a little low. Freaking bled way more than a turkey should without dying.

Tonight was slow but I probably jacked up the woods. Tomorrow is going to be cold as fug but it should be good. Have the right wind for my favorite stand. I am taking my 11 year old. He shook so bad with a doe at 26 so I am not sure how this will go. The stand works better for my left handed son, this boy is just going to have to turn and face the tree to shoot. I typically just turn my entire body or wait until they come around to the front problem is the front is at 25 yards so a little far for him.

Cool Club
    11 degrees not sure how long an 11 year old will make it. He has a thermos of hot chocolate and 1500 hand warmers

Cool Club
    GL!
    Internet user

Only the Green!
    GL. I just tried to duck hunt. Its the opener and pond was frozen. Ice was breakable but dangerous ice conditions for the dog. We came back home.

Only the Green!
    Clinbed in stand at 3. Had does starting at 310. 7 so far inckuding 2 at a dead run. Hoping a buck would be in tow but nada.

Cool Club
    Kicked two out walking to the stand they ran 10 yards past my other boy and his buddy. Had a small 6 at 15 would have been a great first archery deer for my kid but he came to our left and down wind instead of to our right. Kid can’t catch a break.

Only the Green!
    Had a shooter run a doe by me at 545 pm tonight. He was full tilt chasing. Saw the does between 315 and 345 then nothing till that meeting as I was preparing to climb down

SR Hunter
    We ain't seen a deer since last sun think they're on acorns cause they're thicker at the house than along time. We left heater off this morning just to break monotony...

Only the Green!
    10 min ago
    Nice 8 point with his left brow tine busted just went by. No shot on him