Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Truckís

Only the Green!

Truckís

Whatís everyone driving for trucks?

Currently Iíve got a 16 Dodge 2500 Laramie with the 6.7 Cummins with 73K miles. Bought it with 61K miles.

I have realized Iím probably never gunna be able to race again with my hearing the way it is so I really have no need for the Cummins anymore. Been looking at down sizing to a 1500. Iíve always been a Chevy guy so thatís mostly what Iíve been looking at but Iím curious about the F-150ís. Iím still gunna upgrade my boat to a 20-22ftíer at some point so that would probably be the heaviest thing Iím towing. Whatíre you guys comfortably towing with your 1500ís or 150ís?
    Spoonie Pro Staff

White Duck Boat extraordinaire

Cool Club
    You would be fine on the towing end.

I am on my second F150. First one was a 2012. At 175k the timing chain cover came off and left an oil leak. I traded it in and bought a 16.

I don't like the 16 as much as the 12. It has a lot of little shit that has gone bad. Stupid stuff that shouldn't brake on a 50k plus truck. The aluminum doesn't hold paint like steel does. I have a bunch of chips on it. I already have 110k on it. I drive a lot.

With that when its time to get new I will look around but probably end up with another F150. I like the looks of the Chevy but they drive like shit to me.

Only the Green!
    Dodge has reworked the Ecodiesel in the 2020 models, if you can wait and get you one of those you can start an 123 page thread on it and truly have a piece of shit.

Cool Club
    Maybe the Kansas dude can come back for that. Then he can tell Panther to die again.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by t mac 3 View Post
    Dodge has reworked the Ecodiesel in the 2020 models, if you can wait and get you one of those you can start an 123 page thread on it and truly have a piece of shit.
    ****ing Dodge. I saw one with dealer tags on it the other day that was on the side of the loop with the front wheels all canted out. Poor bastard probably just drove it off the lot and hit top speed and flew apart.
    What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Cool Club
    2004 jeep wrangler tj

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan

Only the Green!
    I have a 2012 silverado 5.3 with 75k on the clock. Never had anything but Fords before. The 6 liter diesel I had broke me of that. I am one of the few who never had any issue with that engine. It was an '04 with 75k ish on the clock when I went to trade it in. Ford didnt want to trade. Offerd me 5 grand for trade it. Chevy gave me book for it.

Will likely keep this half ton until it will not go anymore and truck prices are on the moon and I frankly dont care if I have another new one.

If it died today, I'd prolly buy another Chevrolet or Toyota.

The small turboed engines to egt the horsepower and torque is a bad idea in my opinion. The more RPM, the faster that engine will wear out.

Cool Club
    High jack here. I need to buy my 14 year old a truck this winter. He is taking drivers ed next two weeks. He can start to drive to school around January. Iowa is weird.

We are going to spend around 7-8k for him. Momma wants to get him a Jeep of some sort. I am thinking a small 4-door pick up like a Colorado or Nissan Frontier.

The Frontiers are pretty affordable compare to what I have seen for the Colorado. Never owned a foreign car anyone had a Nissan?

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    High jack here. I need to buy my 14 year old a truck this winter. He is taking drivers ed next two weeks. He can start to drive to school around January. Iowa is weird.

We are going to spend around 7-8k for him. Momma wants to get him a Jeep of some sort. I am thinking a small 4-door pick up like a Colorado or Nissan Frontier.

The Frontiers are pretty affordable compare to what I have seen for the Colorado. Never owned a foreign car anyone had a Nissan?
    Two friends did. One of them owned two and now drives a Titan. Both have no complaints with Nissan and ran their Frontiers past the 150K mark.
    This space for rent.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Texashunter36 View Post
    What’re you guys comfortably towing with your 1500’s or 150’s?

F-150 Maximum Towing Capacity

3.3L Ti-VCT V6 - 7,400 pounds
    2.7L EcoBoost V6 - 9,000 pounds
    5.0L Ti-VCT V8 - 11,600 pounds
    3.0L Turbo Diesel - 11,400 pounds
    3.5L EcoBoost V6 - 13,200 pounds

But what you really need is a 2019 Tata...

https://pickup.tatamotors.com/
    CAVU

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Texashunter36 View Post
    Whatís everyone driving for trucks?

Currently Iíve got a 16 Dodge 2500 Laramie with the 6.7 Cummins with 73K miles. Bought it with 61K miles
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of fuel mileage do you get unloaded in that truck?

Cool Club

My wife's xterra was a beast. My older brother has had two titans the first got 350k hard hard hard miles on it

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan

Only the Green!
    Definitely not buying a new truck, itíll be used with 60,000 or less. Actually the way Iím working it I will come out with less of a loan than I have on the dodge now. But Iím the end itíll be a wash cause Iím gunna lose some of the money I put down and have paid on the loan. I had a dealer offer me 37.5K for it yesterday but the truck heís offering up isnít that great of a deal, my opinion.

Crusher,

Iíve honestly never done the math. If you listened to the computer on it, it would tell you around 18-21. Iíd guess somewhere around 18-19.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of fuel mileage do you get unloaded in that truck?
    14-16 on the highway on a good day with easy driving .

Cool Club

I would steer clear of the Colorados. Not sure if they got the bugs worked out of that engine yet. I had a 1990 Nissan that wouldn't quit. Finally, sold it in 2006.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    14-16 on the highway on a good day with easy driving .
    Interesting...the reason I was curious is that I had a 97 3/4 ton with a Cummins and easily got over 20 on the highway. I had heard fuel mileage decreased, but power has gone up, so makes sense. If McLovin was getting over 20, it would make sense to keep it.

Banded Bird
    My son just turned 15 and is in the process of getting his hardship license now. He will get the 2006 Corolla for first year until he proves he can drive and not put it in the ditch. Then, he will get a Nissan Frontier, used of course. Should get him thru college and then he can buy his own. I will get to drive frontier for at least a year while he gets my work car. FWIW, I have a 2014 F250 Powerstroke. Need it to pull our 38 ft travel trailer. Had 92k when I bout it and has 96k now.

Only the Green!

Truckís

Ď13 F150 with 5.0 with 120k, best truck Iíve owned. Leaning to 250 in next year or two with heavier boat and most likely some sort of travel trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double Banded
    2016 F150 5.0. Tows a 20' skeeter fine.

Cool Club
    keep the cummins.

you have a company truck right? Why get rid of something you should be close to paying off or have paid off just to have a note on something you only drive 2-3 days a week, That way when you do buy that 22 footer you can tow it like its not even there and have more money to put down or pay it off.

not dave ramsey regards
    despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems --Ryan Job