Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About 12 hrs early

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducks4brkfast View Post
    College senior. Classes cancelled. Between bong rips and Keystone beer we spent the morning discussing how we were gonna defeat the terrorists. We actually had a pretty good plan wish I could remember what it was.
    Same, watched it go down on the TVs in the Rec center. Then headed off to solve the problems with Keystone ourselves.

Only the Green!
    Sophomore in high school. In English class. Middle row, 3rd seat back.

They wheeled in a tv on a big cart and we Watched the news in class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the Green!
    I was living in Austin, bartending on 6th and living the dream. I remember waking up to a beautiful fall morning, crisp chill in the air, and bright sunshine. Was enjoying a cup of coffee on the couch when the first plane struck. I will never forget that moment, or the way the attacks made me feel.

Double Banded
    I was eating a bowl of cheerios for breakfast before a meeting with the dean of engineering at Lamar while watching the news on CBS. Their live background was a window that overlooked the skyline of new York with the towers dead center. I'll never forget seeing that first plane hit live in the background while they are talking.
    TEAM CWS

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxbow View Post
    At a red light on Westheimer.
    You still there, or has traffic finally started moving?

Being on a piece of farm machinery with no radio like I was, well, like I say, I was clueless. I quit about 1:30 for lunch and that's when I found out. I told everyone at work it was bin Laden. They said who. I said that goat ****er Clinton lobbed some cruise missiles at. Hopped back on the combine and finished harvest. I'd gone to the farm that morning with a near empty tank of gas, with plans to fill up on the way home. Had to sit in a gas line in Levelland because everyone was freaking out and buying gas. I read the issue of Wildfowl I had in the truck with me and listened to the radio. I did not see it on tv until about 9 that evening when I got home. I was so pissed I couldn't eat.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2019!

What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Cool Club
    I was stuck in traffic on the west 610 loop, headed north in to work. Watched everything unfold through the morning on the TV in the lunch room. We had a bunch of out of towners in for a conference (GCC maybe?) that got stuck due to the air traffic shutdown.

I have a second cousin who was a bird colonel in the Pentagon when it was hit. Luckily on the opposite side. He was in the front row of W's address to the joint session later, my Granny had the picture from the paper hanging on her refrigerator for years after that.
    Thanks,
    Barrett Hall

Teach your kids to hunt, and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

Double Banded
    Nothing on any news outlet about today, yet. Shameful. Never Forget!

Cool Club
    Like most of you. I was watching the news at home, before work.

Buddy was in tower 2. By the grace of god and a misunderstanding he was on the second floor. Should have been above where the plane hit.

His story of chance is amazing. I’m sure there were many stories like his.

... . -. - / -... -.-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

Cool Club
    since 9/11 is my birthday, I took the day off to go fishing, but a cool front blew in and canceled that. Laying in bed drinking coffee when the first plane hit. I still remember that Gumbel nickle announcing it, not sure if private or commercial. was at the Vet with my dog when I found out about 2 & 3. DeadAnimal took me to Hooter's, then we headed to the gun range. The thing that still stands out to me...Not a single radio station was playing music. It was eerie
    went by Shoe-Pik on TOS

Talking on the phone with a fishing partner, gameplanning for a tourney that weekend.

"Hey man, you watching TV? Better turn it on. We'll talk later"

When the Pentagon got hit, I called my brother.

"You ok? Yea, I'm good. They moved us out of there a couple of weeks ago, they're emodeling our offices"

The plane went in 2 windows over from where he would have been sitting at his desk.

Cool Club
    Sitting at my desk, it was my first job and I had just moved to Iowa a few months earlier. My then boss who had resigned the day before came running around the office saying some Haji hit the twin tower. I remember back then we could get a radio station through my phone system. I turned it on and listened all day. Not a lot of work got done.

I was at a wedding a few weeks earlier back home. Met a girl that was in the wedding party that was all up in my business. I probably would have hook up if I wasn't there with my parents. It was my mom's friends daughter's wedding. Anyway her older sister was in New York for her first business trip of her career and she was up in one of the towers. They really had no closure other than knowing she was up on one of the bad floors. It totally gutted her parents. Lost there business spent months out there searching for a daughter that would never come home. That is the only real connection I had to anyone directly affected.

Only the Green!
    I was in the office in Austin.

I remember the news footage of Bush being told about the attack while visiting the little kids’ class room. I remember, and not in a trivial way, the look on his face and how it reminded me of expressions I had seen many times from my elders when they got news of cows out on a highway or a grass fire threatening a hay barn. Same look on his face & itinstinctively struck fear, concern & urgency in my chest. Instantly had that “we got to move & fix this now!” feeling.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by primeduck View Post
    At work. Nothing much got done. All eyes were on the TV
    Same for me. You just knew that our world had changed, even before the towers fell. Prayers for those left behind to deal with the loss and/or injuries.
    This space for rent.

Cool Club
    Junior year speech class. Teacher came in and whispered something to our teacher. He turned the tv on and watched the 2nd plane hit.

Cool Club
    I think ive told this story every year.

I was on a conference call with a guy in the WTC. Out of nowhere, he yelled and the line went dead. He was in WTC 1 on the 92'nd floor. I am sure he died instantly, they never found his body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
    The gayest thing has to be sig lining your refuge post count.
    Total Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgDuckHunter View Post
    I got rear-ended by a drunk old man when I was in college (and he was going in and out fast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    but I love the sausage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
    Reckon I'm queer too

Double Banded
    Quote Originally Posted by swing View Post
    I think ive told this story every year.

I was on a conference call with a guy in the WTC. Out of nowhere, he yelled and the line went dead. He was in WTC 1 on the 92'nd floor. I am sure he died instantly, they never found his body.

I have not seen that one. Damn...

Cool Club
    Was at UT, had 8am class. Got back home after that and tried to turn on sportscenter, they had already taken over all the channels. Had to wake one of my roommates up, figured he should be watching.
    Internet user

Cool Club
    One thing interesting to me every year when this comes up is you get a glimpse of peoples ages and life timelines.

I didn't know I was that much older than Spoon.

Cool Club
    Was a rookie working on the 8th floor at Prudential Securities (in Houston). We had around 50 advisors in that office and it pretty much shut down that day. One of Pru's training facilities was in NYC and I was scheduled to head up there just a couple short weeks after. When I did, I visited ground zero (at least as close as one could get at that time) and it was still smoldering. The smell was something I'll never forget. It wasn't burned flesh or anything gross, it was just weird. Ashy....borderline sulfur smelling. Hard to describe, but I would definitely recognize it if I ever smelled it again.

My sister was actually in the air coming home from NYC the morning of. Her flight got off just early enough that she wasn't diverted and made it back to Houston that morning. To say we were worried sick about her that day would be a gross understatement.
    Last edited by AgDuckHunter; 09-11-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Cool Club
    This is where you tards were, now go do something productive today and help Keep America Great!

http://www.fowlerforum.com/showthrea...Where-were-you