Thread: Finally

Only the Green!

Finally

Went out to check the ice levels. Still pretty thick. I did however find some mallards going into a field. Not alot 500 or so. Guy told us to have fun and watch out for the cows. Should be a good afternoon tomorrow.

On a side note, even our strip pits are frozen. I think these ducks are flying the 20 miles from the hot pond.

Pond Popper
    KS, hope yer field hunt turned out great!
    We smacked a few more on the river, different area, bout five miles from regular place!
    Finally saw mallards and killed a few, plus a good number of gads! Gads were eatin' moss!!!! Mallards had found grain somewhere!!!
    Even a ringneck or two got smacked!
    However, mergansers everywhere, so we be right careful!!
    Drownin' in da dust !!!!

Only the Green!
    Went pretty well. Ended up setting up in a grazed waterway since the birds were actually in the beans and not the corn. Killed our 2 man limit of mallards. Brother missed a shot at a widgeon that was hovering right over the blind, and we had some pintails that just wouldn't come into range. I'll post more pics on the main forum but here is the "tailgate shot"

Pond Popper
    KS, looks like a good hunt !! Guess we the only two a hittin' this site ??????????????????
    Drownin' in da dust !!!!

Double Banded
    I'm here. Can't shoot em where I'm at. Been shooting em pretty good down south though.

Pond Popper
    I slid down the river this pm!! That ol'Bald eagle dat been hangin' round fer three weeks is still there and so is the gads!! We figgered we'd shot'm out but saw around 40 when da Eagle made his flyby!! With luck they'll still be there in a couple a days when we hunt it again! Went ta where the Mallards had been hangin' out but saw nuttin' !!! Will check it out around daybreak tomorrow!! had some them early Gads fer supper last night, they was some good!!!
    Drownin' in da dust !!!!

Only the Green!
    Brother found a field with 2k ducks in it tonight. Feeding right off a grass waterway. Should be a slaughter tomorrow PM.

Why yes it will! New here guys...been on Refuge but tired of all the stupid crap there so leaving and finding a new home here

Good luck! Have nice shooting and post pics!

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinKnows View Post
    Good luck! Have nice shooting and post pics!
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk