Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Parenting question. No parenting problem

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by pck View Post
    Ass whooping is over rated imo. There are other ways to teach discipline and consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Electro shock treatment?

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by elpatoloco View Post
    Electro shock treatment?

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by elpatoloco View Post
    Electro shock treatment?
    Sometimes been tempted. Whooped my daughter once and that was for backtalking her mother when she was around 11. I have found other ways to get my point across. Not against it but not sure it teaches them anything but the short term pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    There is a time and place for whooping. Do it right once and you don't have to do it again. I don't remember the last time I whooped a kid.

Tuesday night was conferences. The teacher had great things to say about my daughter but said she wanted her to be more of a leader. She is 9, they care as much about participation and interaction as they do teaching the dam kids. Hell my son's teacher said he needs to be more involved with the group. He is the smartest kid in the class he just doesn't like working with groups. He doesn't cause problems he is just a soft spoken quieter kid.

Anyhow for the most part it was all good. Then Wednesday we get a email from my daughters teacher. Some kid got up to do someting and my daughter and some other kid took a piece of his jerky. We cant have people that steal.

Her punishment was buy him a new bag of Jerky with her money, write him an apology, not electronics for a week and she has to do her and her brothers choirs all week.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    My oldest son responded to 1 solid ass whuppin. Never got out of line too much afterwards.

My youngest boy.......I grew weary of whippin his tail. It did not work with him. What did work, was I siezed all of his belongings when he got out of line and he got to earn them back.
    I try to time my trigger jerk with my flinch so they cancel each other out.

Double Banded
    Well since the 1 week grounding from all electronics, the little fella seems to truly regret what him and his buddies did.

Maxx I am gonna let him go ahead and play Basketball, but his first 4 practices he is gonna have to run extra suicides. Hopefully this will keep him in check for awhile. One time last year during football season he got an F on a math test. The coach made him run 4 50 yard bear crawls and that took care of that. Been A’s and B’s since.

Double Banded
    Well since the 1 week grounding from all electronics, the little fella seems to truly regret what him and his buddies did.

Maxx I am gonna let him go ahead and play Basketball, but his first 4 practices he is gonna have to run extra suicides. Hopefully this will keep him in check for awhile. One time last year during football season he got an F on a math test. The coach made him run 4 50 yard bear crawls and that took care of that. Been As and Bs since.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by BPSJ1 View Post
    One time last year during football season he got an F on a math test. The coach made him run 4 50 yard bear crawls and that took care of that. Been As and Bs since.
    Would have been all "A's" had you decided to Man up and whip his tail instesd of letting the coach handle it. Just sayin

Cool Club
    Corporal punishment is child abuse.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Corporal punishment is child abuse.
    So....you vote Democrat?

Only the Green!
    My granddad always said, one boy is boy, two boys half a boy and three no boy at all. This has been going on for eternity, we do stupid shit in the company of our friends, I did it, you did and his sons going to do it.

I would gauge how the boy acts over the course of the punishment if he is truly remorseful and shows that he understands that he is to be held accountable for his actions, then you were on track with your punishment. If however he is only sorry he got caught, then it will require further action.