Page 192 of 196 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 3908

Thread: Corona Virus.....Coming to a Town Near You!

Quote Originally Posted by burns_312 View Post
    Our governor just said everyone has to wear a mask in public starting Friday. This will be fukking comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm anxious to watch this play out. There is no way this can be enforced. It sounds like she is leaving it up to the county. That means in Ellis County, you'll probably be fine, but up here in Rooks County, we will probably be "forced" to wear a mask. Our CHD is pretty liberal.

Double Banded
    No worries....we're all dead before Christmas:

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by laboholic View Post
    I'm anxious to watch this play out. There is no way this can be enforced. It sounds like she is leaving it up to the county. That means in Ellis County, you'll probably be fine, but up here in Rooks County, we will probably be "forced" to wear a mask. Our CHD is pretty liberal.
    Whatever they think will get them the most votes is all that theyíll take into consideration. They can all kiss my dick, I ainít wearing one ever. Iíll stay home for 6 months if thatís what it takes. I got all I need here anyhow, F em.

Only the Green!
    Getting real fukn tired of being told what to wear and who gets to have an open business.

You do you, and Iíll do me.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Widgeon Kryptonite View Post
    Getting real fukn tired of being told what to wear and who gets to have an open business.

You do you, and I’ll do me.
    So much this....Michael Berry confirmed yesterday that the Houston mayor and Dora are following the "Wait for the Vaccine" model. It's time for the regular citizens to make our voices heard somehow, because we are being led by idiots.

Cool Club
    You see turners tweet with the first three restaurants that defied the order today? They are about to be busy!
    Thanks,
    Barrett Hall

Teach your kids to hunt, and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Of course they did...
    I particularly enjoyed reading that they charge people with private insurance hundreds more than those with Obamacare and thousands more than they charge other poor countries.
    This space for rent.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bearintex View Post
    You see turners tweet with the first three restaurants that defied the order today? They are about to be busy!
    No, not yet, but I will check it out. This new mask order infuriates me..they are basically strong-arming business to enforce an order that the city has no authority to enforce.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    No worries....we're all dead before Christmas:
    So the first duck split will be better than that second...
    Team Water Swat

Rollin hens on the water since 87!

Cool Club
    No, not yet, but I will check it out. This new mask order infuriates me..they are basically strong-arming business to enforce an order that the city has no authority to enforce.
    Same over here. Business owners have gathered together in a lawsuit against city and county. Said that it isn't their place to police their customers.
    I agree. Better be certified LEOs writing tickets with fines attached or no one at all. The Duke mayor of Tampa was to he Chief of Police for years. You'd I think to hat she wo u ld know and do better.

Only the Green!
    Was on a infocall thing with Dr. Scott Gottlieb this morning. He's been on CNBC a bunch, almost daily in the 6-7 hour. He has been right about things so far mostly and seems pretty apolitical. Former head of the FDA, he is plugged in.

He thinks we get a big spike again in cases in Aug/Sep timeframe when people try to go back to school in the NE and we get into flu season. There's widespread infection all over the US, no point in travel restrictions. He also said one way or another this thing goes away in about 6 months. Either it keeps running and we reach 40% infection rate which is what we need to reach herd immunity or we get a vaccine and curb it that way. Currently about 7% of US infected, doubles every 40 days. Lots of advances in treatment which has helped lower the fatality rate. We are unwilling and unable to do contact tracing to shut down hot spots like other countries that have stamped the disease out. CA and TX have huge healthcare systems and will be able to handle case spikes, smaller states like AZ and AR are going to have a harder time dealing with those. Chinese are currently using an experimental vaccine on their military, this is not going to produce results. Immunity should last 6 months to a year if you get it. Some antibody tests are good some are not. Labcore and Quest have good ones, Abbott, Roche and Mount Sinai tests are all very good. N95 masks are now widely available and everyone should have some. He said the next 2 months are good time to catch up on any medical care before we see the resurgence in the fall. If you are over 70 you should live like a hermit for the rest of the year.

Cool Club
    More shooting spitballs into the wind.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    Was on a infocall thing with Dr. Scott Gottlieb this morning. He's been on CNBC a bunch, almost daily in the 6-7 hour. He has been right about things so far mostly and seems pretty apolitical. Former head of the FDA, he is plugged in.

He thinks we get a big spike again in cases in Aug/Sep timeframe when people try to go back to school in the NE and we get into flu season. There's widespread infection all over the US, no point in travel restrictions. He also said one way or another this thing goes away in about 6 months. Either it keeps running and we reach 40% infection rate which is what we need to reach herd immunity or we get a vaccine and curb it that way. Currently about 7% of US infected, doubles every 40 days. Lots of advances in treatment which has helped lower the fatality rate. We are unwilling and unable to do contact tracing to shut down hot spots like other countries that have stamped the disease out. CA and TX have huge healthcare systems and will be able to handle case spikes, smaller states like AZ and AR are going to have a harder time dealing with those. Chinese are currently using an experimental vaccine on their military, this is not going to produce results. Immunity should last 6 months to a year if you get it. Some antibody tests are good some are not. Labcore and Quest have good ones, Abbott, Roche and Mount Sinai tests are all very good. N95 masks are now widely available and everyone should have some. He said the next 2 months are good time to catch up on any medical care before we see the resurgence in the fall. If you are over 70 you should live like a hermit for the rest of the year.
    well the Dem POTUS nominee has already started and is well entrenched

IMO a vaccine is pie in the sky, aint gonna happen....the last successful vaccine that wiped out a disease was___________
    was known as Maxflight on another forum , but wanted to start fresh here

Cool Club
    Vaccine is not gonna happen.
    Horse Dick Wonder

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwood View Post
    well the Dem POTUS nominee has already started and is well entrenched

IMO a vaccine is pie in the sky, aint gonna happen....the last successful vaccine that wiped out a disease was___________
    polioish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    We are unwilling and unable to do contact tracing to shut down hot spots like other countries that have stamped the disease out.
    Contact tracing is my pet peeve, so I had to comment. Contact tracing does not work with this virus and is a total waste of resources. There is a 5-7 day asymptomatic transmission period...you ain't contact tracing your way out of that. These idiots in charge learned nothing from the Chinese. They welded people in their apartments and shut off entire towns to slow it down..now Beijing is under quarantine

The countries that have "stamped this out" did so with draconian lockdown and travel restrictions. At best they delayed the inevitable. For instance, Tonga and Fiji have no cases and have draconian quarantine requirements and travel restrictions in place...what's going to happen when they open back up and an asymptomatic carrier slips through? Bottom line, cases will necessarily rise. Deaths are dropping significantly in the US, I wonder how they are going to spin that?

Posted before, but a good visual of why contact tracing is destined to fail. A guy on a bus infects 9 people (one of them 30 minutes AFTER the infected guy got off the bus). So, let's say infected guy sees contact tracer 1 week later when he develops symptoms. That's a week's worth of bus rides, restaurants, family interactions, work and store contacts...he spread it to nine before lunch...what if those nine start spreading to nine before lunch in the next few days...see where I'm going with this?

Cool Club
    Nobody knows jack about it.

Cool Club
    Actually we knew a lot from the beginning about how contagious this virus is. Now, we are learning better how to treat it and fatalities are going down. The problem is that we are being lied to and manipulated for political purposes and financial gain.

Sometimes looking back is important. Also posted before from the Red Dawn email chain that was leaked. This was the behind the scenes planning amongst the scientists that would be advising on the response. Dr. Eva Lee is the premier disease modelling expert in the US..she was shut out of the discussion because it was obvious she wasn't going to toe the party line. Check what she had to say about the spread of the disease.

Cool Club
    The viruses will never be as scary here, because we have better hygiene and public health practices. No worries on goods shipped from China, however; the virus can live for approximately 24hrs on surfaces like doorknobs, etc. Point being; I'm not as concerned for us, but this could be biblical for China. They'll make more people tho...they seem to be good at that.

The one we should be pissed about already happened. Enterovirus D68 AKA Acute Flaccid Myelitis is a polio like virus that killed and paralyzed a bunch of American kids and is directly traceable to Latin America/illegal immigration.
    My how times have changed.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pck View Post
    My how times have changed.

How did you wade through all this bullshit to get that one post? Color me impressed.