Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate auto insurance and the agents.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDDOG View Post
    Long story, but a darn good one.

About a month ago I went for a yearly physical. Everything was pre-approved by my insurance and my doctor is "in-network." He found my heart rate way too high, and puts me in a wheelchair to go downstairs to the E.R. I had no choice in the matter.

I get a bill in the mail from my insurance company (from the E.R.) for over 7 thousand bucks. It said "claim denied."

Now then, get this bullshit. The building says Baylor Scott and White on the outside walls. My doctor is part of this group, on the 2nd floor. The E.R. is on the 1st floor. But the E.R. is some private company out of Houston with no affiliation with Baylor. Since they aren't affiliated, my insurance denied to pay the bill.

But my Baylor doctor told me I had to go to that E.R.

What a pile of bullshit.
    Just tell em you're illegal mexican and dont pay it

Cool Club
    gonna have to do that, ducko

Only the Green!

I hate auto insurance and the agents.

Ya. When I went through divorce my insurance wouldn’t drop ex wife’s car without her permission. I got new vehicle and home insurance that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." Lt. Col Jeff cooper

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Native Arkie View Post
    This is auto insurance not health insurance. And with a life changing event like divorce, you can change it anytime with health insurance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Post count, what post count?

Only the Green!
    This is auto insurance not health insurance. And with a life changing event like divorce, you can change it anytime with health insurance.

Actually within 30 days of the Qualifying event in most cases (60 days in some other instances). If you miss the window you're stuck with it until open enrollment. Divorce IS a qualifying life event that allows a change to be made.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDDOG View Post
    Long story, but a darn good one.

About a month ago I went for a yearly physical. Everything was pre-approved by my insurance and my doctor is "in-network." He found my heart rate way too high, and puts me in a wheelchair to go downstairs to the E.R. I had no choice in the matter.

I get a bill in the mail from my insurance company (from the E.R.) for over 7 thousand bucks. It said "claim denied."

Now then, get this bullshit. The building says Baylor Scott and White on the outside walls. My doctor is part of this group, on the 2nd floor. The E.R. is on the 1st floor. But the E.R. is some private company out of Houston with no affiliation with Baylor. Since they aren't affiliated, my insurance denied to pay the bill.

But my Baylor doctor told me I had to go to that E.R.

What a pile of bullshit.
    Interesting...on my health policy network is waived on ER visits. After all, it is an emergency. You don't have time to meet work shop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Custodis Mortalis

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

- Jeremiah 31:33

Running 87 actually had a good post, yall could learn something from it!!!
    That's freaking clever.
    Guys pretty smart

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' 87 View Post
    Interesting...on my health policy network is waived on ER visits. After all, it is an emergency. You don't have time to meet work shop.

So in a true Emergency situation (you think you're having a heart attack, you've got a broken bone, etc) all insurance's "cover" ER visits as if they are "In-Network" meaning they will only require you to pay for services as if they were In-Network even if the facility or Dr's are not (ie - you are responsible for your In-Network Deductible, OOP Max, Copay, etc). HOWEVER, this will almost always take care of the FACILITY charges but almost never take care of the Dr charges. At the end of the day, the ER Physicians are almost NEVER in anybody's network. They are basically all (at least around here - Houston) independent contractors and rotate from hospital to hospital based on need. You will get what's called a "balance bill" from the ER Dr's "company" (which is basically a staffing company) for whatever the insurance company doesn't pay them beyond the typical "usual reasonable and customary charge". It SUCKS, and one of the shittiest skeletons in the closet in our industry. Same thing will go for almost all "Anesthesiologists", even if your surgery or procedure is being preformed in a In-Network Hospital by an In-Network Dr.... you'll get balance billed by the Anesthesiologist.

Sometimes the insurance carrier can work it out with them to greatly reduce the "balance bill" and in some cases wipe it out completely, but you have to call the carrier. If that doesn't work, I'd talk to your HR department and have them get their Agent involved.
    Last edited by Harrisr70; 03-31-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Only the Green!
    And if you are stupid enough to go to any of these "ER's" that are popping up on every corner around this country, you WILL get screwed. Probably 90% of them (the ones that dont have a recognizable HOSPITAL name on them) are NOT even registered as a true emergency room with the State (and yes that is a requirement). They may have some (or a lot) of the equipment that a "real" ER has and be able to treat you, but you will pay OUT OF NETWORK charges on EVERYTHING because they ARE NOT a true ER, they are just some Dr's that happen to have some ER equipment and the competence to treat you. THEY WILL BILL YOU LIKE AN ER TOO! If you are lucky enough to still have a plan with OON benefits you'll basically pay double your deductible and double your out of pocket maximum, then they'll balance bill you for whatever the insurance doesn't pay after that.

My tip to everyone........ Get on your carrier's online app and locate the nearest Urgent Care and Emergency room facilities that are listed in your particular carrier's app that are closest to your home, your work, and your kids schools.

Cool Club
    Harris knows this better than I but I know what he is talking about with ER doctors. When I screwed up my leg and got taken to the hospital it was in network. The actual MD was not. Sucked big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool Club
    Interesting...I have dealt.with the separate ER doc before. Yes sucks...

When the wife I had her issue last year we went through the ER, them transferred to a Houston hospital.

I prepared for a ton of stuff. I prepared a special place at my desk to sort it all out

Insurance covered all but one $350 hospitalist.

Even I was shocked

Custodis Mortalis

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

That's freaking clever.
    Guys pretty smart

Only the Green!
    When I was in the hospital for my back surgery, I was in there for a week. There was a Dr that came by every day, popped in to ask how I was doing, did I need anything, etc. Never once examined me or looked at my chart. The surgery alone covered my total OOP expense and deductible for the year. A month or so later I get a bill for this Dr's "visits" totaling about $1k. I called and asked what and who this bill was for. They told me that he had came by my room every day. I told them that he wasn't my dr, I hadn't asked for him to come see me and that he didn't do anything besides pop into my room uninvited. They said "well, those are charges for his services". I told them to pound sand and never paid the bill. Don't give a shit about it hitting my credit either since it doesn't (at least at this point in time) effect my credit. Bullchit charges and insurance racket.

Cool Club
    When hunter was born, he was 4 weeks premature and had to spend almost 2 weeks in NICU getting his insulin system straightened out. We got so many bills from entities we never saw or talked to it was scary. I have a picture somewhere of my wife sitting on the living room floor trying to sort through them all. Literally as far as she could reach, 360 degrees around her. I think in the end we only ended up paying around $1000 all in. She worked for the Girl Scouts at the time and they had really good insurance.
    Thanks,
    Barrett Hall

Teach your kids to hunt, and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

Only the Green!
    When I was in the hospital for my back surgery, I was in there for a week. There was a Dr that came by every day, popped in to ask how I was doing, did I need anything, etc. Never once examined me or looked at my chart. The surgery alone covered my total OOP expense and deductible for the year. A month or so later I get a bill for this Dr's "visits" totaling about $1k. I called and asked what and who this bill was for. They told me that he had came by my room every day. I told them that he wasn't my dr, I hadn't asked for him to come see me and that he didn't do anything besides pop into my room uninvited. They said "well, those are charges for his services". I told them to pound sand and never paid the bill. Don't give a shit about it hitting my credit either since it doesn't (at least at this point in time) effect my credit. Bullchit charges and insurance racket.
    Yep. Whenever one of my family members has been in the Hospital I literally sit there with my Carrier's mobile App open and every time someone comes in that I haven't seen before in a white coat I ask them what their name is and look them up to see if they are in my network. If they aren't I tell them sorry, leave and send someone else in. Kinda hard to do when you go home for a shower or some sleep and your significant other is sleeping and they come in though. I always try to talk to the billing person and specifically say (and write on the paperwork) that I'm not going to pay for anyone that is not in my network that they choose to send in there.

This is also where it helps to have an established relationship with a PCP (Primary Doctor) that is in your network and let them know you are in the Hospital and ask them to coordinate your care.

Double Banded
    She no longer have an insurable interest in the vehicle. Did they ask for any proof she's out of the household?

She may not have changed her address with the DMV and they can tell.

I would ask for an explanation in writing.

Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-01-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    She no longer have an insurable interest in the vehicle. Did they ask for any proof she's out of the household?

She may not have changed her address with the DMV and they can tell.

I would ask for an explanation in writing.

I'd just drop em and move on

Only the Green!
    Probably happening tomorrow. Doesn't matter who has vested interest or not. My policy, i decide who drop at my choosing. Not Allstate.

Cool Club
    Probably a good idea to insurance shop every three or four years anyway.

I went somewhere else a couple years ago and got my more coverage for less money. Found out that my agent had been keeping my premium down by insuring my home at 1996 valuations. I wasn't happy.

I told my agent to match it. He told me that there was no way I got that coverage. I brought him the papers. He just shrugged his shoulders.

He still sends me a Christmas card and asks me to come in for an insurance check up.

Custodis Mortalis

That's freaking clever.
    Guys pretty smart

Only the Green!
    North Texas...As close to OK as I can get
    My wife had some medical issues a few years back. I took her into the ER. They discovered it was an issue that would require an EGD procedure that they were not able to do. So they had to transfer her to another hospital. I said fine, I will drive her over there....she wasn't that bad off. They said, no, she has to be transported. OK. We get on over to this other place. End up staying a few days. She has her procedure and we leave.

End up getting a BALANCE bill after the insurance paid their portion of a little over $27,000. Not sure what they did with that bill but we never paid the cocksuckers.

Double Banded
    When my youngest was about 6-7 He was taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA. Somehow he slips pulling himself out from the pool and smashes his eye socket on the edge. It’s swelling and bleeding so I pack him up and off we go. Hospital was just down the street. We stroll into the ER and he gets a couple stitches - everything else checks out fine.

Now when it comes time for the paperwork I realize I don’t have my wallet - no ID, no insurance card, nada. They take down my name and said we’ll get a bill to send along to our insurance company. Weeks and weeks go by and I finally call them to see what’s up. They said because I didn’t have ID they wrote off my bill (or something to that effect) as uninsured patient. I was floored and thought, you dumb shits had my name and address

Cool Club
    Does anyone on here sell insurance or better yet own there own agency.