Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mystery mountain getaway

  1. #1
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N.E. Texas
    Posts
    11,625

    Mystery mountain getaway

    Several years ago I was doing extensive research on mountain lakes in Colorado and trying to determine if they were suitable for hunting puddle ducks. I got on the phone with a fish cop and both of us were looking at Google Earth. He would describe each body of water I was interested in, and whether or not it was legal to hunt birds.

    One place in particular had me curious and I guided him over to it. He got quiet. I said, what about that lake right there? He said uhhhh….NO sir, that one is definitely off limits.

    me: Is it private?
    him: mmm-hmm. VERY.

    me: as in, a big wig?
    him: that would be an understatement.

    I tried to pry, but he wouldn't disclose who owned it.

  2. #2
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    North Texas...As close to OK as I can get
    Posts
    2,129
    Where was it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,724
    went by Shoe-Pik on TOS

  4. #4
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    13,305
    Get OnX map app and it will tell you who owns it. Mystery solved, ya welcome
    Last edited by Duckologist; 06-02-2020 at 10:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chooston
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
    Get OnX map app and it will tell you who owns it. Mystery solved, ya welcome
    If you dont want anybody to know you own a piece of property its pretty easy to cover it up and make it REAL hard to figure out. Just sayin.......
    Post count, what post count?

  6. #6
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    13,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrisr70 View Post
    If you dont want anybody to know you own a piece of property its pretty easy to cover it up and make it REAL hard to figure out. Just sayin.......
    You're not helping here

  7. #7
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    2,159
    What lake? I'm headed there this fall. I'll let you know if it's worth going.

  8. #8
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,896
    Ted Turner.

  9. #9
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDDOG View Post
    Several years ago I was doing extensive research on mountain lakes in Colorado and trying to determine if they were suitable for hunting puddle ducks. I got on the phone with a fish cop and both of us were looking at Google Earth. He would describe each body of water I was interested in, and whether or not it was legal to hunt birds.

    One place in particular had me curious and I guided him over to it. He got quiet. I said, what about that lake right there? He said uhhhh….NO sir, that one is definitely off limits.

    me: Is it private?
    him: mmm-hmm. VERY.

    me: as in, a big wig?
    him: that would be an understatement.

    I tried to pry, but he wouldn't disclose who owned it.
    Did you ever hunt in Colorado?
    Internet user

  10. #10
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Dave View Post
    Ted Turner.
    that was my first thought
    went by Shoe-Pik on TOS

  11. #11
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Deep East Texas
    Posts
    9,289
    Found the wardens honey hole.
    This space for rent.

  12. #12
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lubbock - (Canada Goose Country)
    Posts
    13,895
    Muddog be tryin' to hunt the fish cop honey hole.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2035!

    What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

  13. #13
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lubbock - (Canada Goose Country)
    Posts
    13,895
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaPeR105 View Post
    Found the wardens honey hole.
    Damn. Great minds and all.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2035!

    What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

  14. #14
    Only the Green!
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Dave View Post
    Ted Turner.
    dbagg runs around on Ted’s KS ranch from time to time. It’s badass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SW Louisiana
    Posts
    13,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    Did you ever hunt in Colorado?
    I don't think he has, I think he just been google earfin

  16. #16
    Double Banded
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    962
    Quote Originally Posted by burns_312 View Post
    dbagg runs around on Ted’s KS ranch from time to time. It’s badass.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These were from a couple weekends ago.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Double Banded
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    962



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Cool Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N.E. Texas
    Posts
    11,625
    It was between Creede and Lake City and 14 years ago. So no search app to find the owner at that time. But it had a structure on it, presumably a mansion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •