Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backstrap recipe

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Pine knots are more classic and natural
    Yea i mean u cant go wrong wit either 1. We have tons of broken telephone poles so im good on wood for ages

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by bearintex View Post
    https://youtu.be/Cyskqnp1j64

I’ve had this at his restaurant in Vegas. It was scrumptious.
    If you do this, have Panther stand behind you in the kitchen and yell “Your furkking imbecile,what are you doing?” to add to the authenticity.

Cool Club
    Set the oven to 375, cut the back strap into 3/4” thick pieces, pound them with a meat hammer, sprinkle Tony’s seasoning on both sides of fillets set to the side, pull a Swansons Salisbury Steak TV dinner from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap from everything but the brownie, place in pre heated oven, cook for 25 minutes, carefully remove TV dinner from oven remove plastic from brownie, let cool, throw TV dinner and Vinson in trash and eat last night left overs, save remaining portion for additional meals.
    Follow me in IG for additional receipes.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by t mac 3 View Post
    Set the oven to 375, cut the back strap into 3/4” thick pieces, pound them with a meat hammer, sprinkle Tony’s seasoning on both sides of fillets set to the side, pull a Swansons Salisbury Steak TV dinner from the freezer, remove the plastic wrap from everything but the brownie, place in pre heated oven, cook for 25 minutes, carefully remove TV dinner from oven remove plastic from brownie, let cool, throw TV dinner and Vinson in trash and eat last night left overs, save remaining portion for additional meals.
    Who's Vinson?

Only the Green!
    This is a regular weekday meal for us. The kids love it. Butter, salt, pepper, onions in a HOT skillet to medium rare. Serve over instant mashed potatoes along with a HEB bag ceasar salad. Really good and takes about 10-15 minutes start to finish.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
    Cross ties for da real men

Legal in Oregon.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by elpatoloco View Post
    Legal in Oregon.
    Everything is legal in Oregon now. Caught with crack cocaine? $100. Want to bang a horse? Probably fine. Maybe $50 fine. Anything goes out there.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2035!

What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
    Who's Vinson?

Texas Jody?

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by jherr View Post
    Texas Jody?
    Probable

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by t mac 3 View Post
    Sounds like my duck recipes.

Only the Green!
    Cut into 2” cubes. Chop green onions, add couple tbs of Worcestershire, splash of alegro smoked marinade. Mash all of it up with a block of cream cheese. Skewer and grill. If you wanna take it up a few notches.

Chop raw bacon and grind in the food processor. Mash the bacon paste out on Saran rap and put in the freezer for 30 ish minutes until almost frozen. Put your skewers on it and roll it up like a sushi roll. Grill on high heat. Slice and enjoy.

Only the Green!
    Texas Jody?
    That’s Sancho.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bearintex View Post
    https://youtu.be/Cyskqnp1j64

I’ve had this at his restaurant in Vegas. It was scrumptious.
    Is it me, or is that dude a tweaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    I was so wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
    No f'ing way I'm climbing up on that bitch. I've since met a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDDOG View Post
    Gay party recap story:

Out of my peripheral vision, I see....... a black guy bent over, plugging in cables. I didn't want to get excited right away.......

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Is it me, or is that dude a tweaker?
    Who, Barrett? I'm gonna say maybe.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2035!

What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Cool Club
    Ok, slice them 3/4" thick, Sea Salt and black pepper on both sides to taste. Slather 1/8" thick Mayo on one side, place in skillet (does not need to be hot) and then slather 1/8" thick Mayo on the top side. Place skillet on burner and cook. The Mayo will turn clear. When you think it's about ready, stick a fork in the edge and turn them. Cook to your level of doneness. Be ready to stick a fork in the back of someone's hand if they try to get the last piece.
    CAVU

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AvianQuest View Post
    Ok, slice them 3/4" thick, Sea Salt and black pepper on both sides to taste. Slather 1/8" thick Mayo on one side, place in skillet (does not need to be hot) and then slather 1/8" thick Mayo on the top side. Place skillet on burner and cook. The Mayo will turn clear. When you think it's about ready, stick a fork in the edge and turn them. Cook to your level of doneness. Be ready to stick a fork in the back of someone's hand if they try to get the last piece.
    You sombiches have went Mayo cray. Fk that, salt, pepper, a hot fire for a few minutes.

Cool Club
    You sombiches have went Mayo cray. Fk that, salt, pepper, a hot fire for a few minutes.
    Last thing I ever thought I would do until it came up here and I researched it online and with some really good cooks who would like to keep it secret.
    CAVU

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AvianQuest View Post
    Last thing I ever thought I would do until it came up here and I researched it online and with some really good cooks who would like to keep it secret.
    No way I’d put Mayo on a backstrap.

Cool Club
    No way I’d put Mayo on a backstrap.
    What I thought. The cooking process leaves no Mayo taste whatsoever. If you've had a exceptional steak at a restaurant, it was probably cooked that way.
    CAVU

SR Hunter
    I cut my straps in 6” pieces. Kosher salt, course black pepper and sear on the grill over high heat and move to the medium hot side of the grill and finish to rare/medium rare. Take off the grill and cover in foil for 15 minutes before slicing.