Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Boots-Those who walk for hunting

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
    So, did BG have the Vid? Who knew you could catch it from a car wreck.
    Nah, mang. I didn't gain no 25 pounds wit broke ribs, neither. Holy shit. I thought the vid would likely cause one to lose (loose?) weight.
    Vote for Ducko for POTY 2035!

What the Duece? - Stewart Gilligan Griffin

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by duckpond View Post
    Had not heard Covid broke ribs. Now we have a new symptom to look out for.
    No, but motorcycle highsides do, followed by a side of Covid. However, thanks to useful information posters.
    Politicians, Police, Big Pharma and Drug Cartels all agree, the War On Drugs (War on Freedom) is great for business.

Iím glad you started this. I was dreading doing the same. I love my Danners but WK is right, they equal wet feet. Will most likely be walking through some snow on my mule deer hunt next year so I need something different.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    No, but motorcycle highsides do, followed by a side of Covid. However, thanks to useful information posters.
    Anything to help.

As to the boots. Schnees I had a bad experience with them, fit, availability, leaked water like parkducks boat.

Been in kenetrek for three years now. Very pleased with them. I've hunted dry deserts mountains in MX, NM, West Texas. Four packouts of elk (on foot), stability has been great. I have 2-3 torn ligaments in my left ankle, by far the most stable boots I have. 2 years of spring bear in MT and two years of a week of snowy conditions in MT, no leaks.

My only complaint is that they are somewhat stiff but that rigidity is probably makes them so stable.

If I was to change it would probably be Crispi. my NM, AZ buddies tend to wear them exclusively. They are pretty high o them.

I have kind of been looking for a lighter weight boot by both companies for some less strenuous hunts, low country mule deer and antelope.

Cool Club
    High sides? Is that like training wheels to keep you on it?

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaPeR105 View Post
    Sort of, it's when your high as ****, and fall off the bike while on the kickstand. Brutal.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaPeR105 View Post
    No high sides like his boat

Cool Club
    Sort of, it's when your high as ****, and fall off the bike while on the kickstand. Brutal.
    I did that once with a Gargantuan chick I was breeding. It got really Western. The Jiffy stand gave ouy on a down stroke. As luck would have it, Shamu landed on top. I got the full 2 inches of penetration once the fat settled. Daddy always told me not to give a gal both inches or she would follow you home. Boy was he right. I got dressed and the Hog back upright. She was growling and biting at ths tires as I motored off.
    I try to time my trigger jerk with my flinch so they cancel each other out.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
    No high sides like his boat
    21", or was it 22"?
    Thanks,
    Barrett Hall

Teach your kids to hunt, and you won't have to hunt for your kids!

Cool Club
    20" sides on the choppa, swisher rolled tight.....

/STFU Ralph
    Internet user

Cool Club
    Not at all... Askos coming to EOL, just putting in for tags for years now, doesn't guarantee anything. Main complaint I see about Crispi's is waterproofness. I dislike horses.

Agduckhuntinghumblebrag would have went like this

Well gentleman, I have the oppty to go elk hunting and I need some boots that would withstand 1/2 mile a day, the quality/fit is really important as my camera will be heavy as I carry it to take a picture of my trophy bull.
    1/2 mile per day.... seriously!!! Go barefoot

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Custodis Mortalis

I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

- Jeremiah 31:33

And in the last days of the Republic the people lost their faith in God, the law, reason, truth, and in the warriors who protected all these and the people. In sorrow, the warriors walked away leaving the barbarians to turn on themselves...

Only the Green!
    Ive currently got the kennetrek mountain extremeís w 400gr thinsulate. These are my second pair of kennetreks and I wish I had stayed with the uninsulated. My feet get cold easy and I figured the extra insulation would be good, itís not. The rubber rind on the bottom is a little thin and gets cut up on a sharp rocks a little easier than I like, but not a deal breaker. They did leak on a Brooks range caribou hunt a few years back, but I honestly think that any boot short of a rubber muck/xtratuff would have leaked on that hunt.

Very light and very stiff. Also have great ankle support. Of all the shit Iíve put them through up here, i like how theyíve performed.

Couple friends of mine have crispi and like them. Only thing that bothers me w crispi right now is how much they are gaining in popularity. Iíd be afraid that with the huge surge of production that quality would go down. Maybe they can handle it? Or maybe youíre buying a boot thatís not as good as it used to be.

Donít like lathrop and sons. Friend of mine has them and they leak. Great sheep/goat boot if youíre staying up high. Lol.

Donít know much about Lowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jr Hunter
    Take a hard look at Asolo and Vasque would be my thoughts.

Cool Club
    IF mountaineering on rocks and climbing a lot with a heavy pack, I like these:
    https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabe...-boots-for-men

FOR ANYTHING ELSE don't buy boots from a "hunting" company. They all suck compared to what else you can get looking at hiking/backpacking companies from Europe/granola areas of the US.
    I've had danner upland and kennetrek light hikers both be terrible.

Check out OBOZ - a lot of great offerings that fit the bill.
    Last edited by Doe Nob; 02-23-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    IF mountaineering on rocks and climbing a lot with a heavy pack, I like these:
    https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabe...-boots-for-men

FOR ANYTHING ELSE don't buy boots from a "hunting" company. They all suck compared to what else you can get looking at hiking/backpacking companies from Europe/granola areas of the US.
    I've had danner upland and kennetrek light hikers both be terrible.

Check out OBOZ - a lot of great offerings that fit the bill.
    If I was gonna get a pair of meindles now, I would stay way the fuk away from the cabelas branded ones. I burned through several pairs of those and when I had issues cabelas warranty was/is shit.

You can still get the non-bastardized meindles. Did a quick search and that might something Iíll look at when my current boots die.

https://meindlusa.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Irish Setter vaportek. Love em, light, waterproof, not a single complaint. Not super expensive, less than 200. Wore em in NM on pronghorn hunt and an Elk hunt. Every Turkey hunt last year and a Nebraska pheasant hunt. I wear 10.5 but ordered 11’s, cause I also bought good wool socks. Couldn’t be more satisfied.

Cool Club
    still comes down to fit...some boots are built on a flatter last....some are built on a more athletic last...I dont own them but I have seen the Schnee's and the Kennetrek's up close and in use this winter...the Schnees are great boots if you are going to be stationary for long periods of time , especially with the felt innerliner...dont think I would want to put in more than a couple of miles a day in them, because I dont think they were designed for that, but the traction in snow was superb..the price $$$$

Kennetrek's also performed in the snow well and kept my friend very dry and comfortable, I liked their bob sole which did not collect mud or snow, and they seemed to remain waterproof in shallow water..IMO they are a better version of the old LL Bean/La Crosse pac boot..they are not cheap either but not as bad as the Schnee's..I would think you could put in a couple of miles a day in them and live to talk about it
    was known as Maxflight on another forum , but wanted to start fresh here

Only the Green!
    1/2 mile a day ...hmmm at those distances you better get something in the 3- 400$ range.
    Be the X

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by patos el supremo View Post
    I have a pair of Irish Setter vaportek. Love em, light, waterproof, not a single complaint. Not super expensive, less than 200. Wore em in NM on pronghorn hunt and an Elk hunt. Every Turkey hunt last year and a Nebraska pheasant hunt. I wear 10.5 but ordered 11ís, cause I also bought good wool socks. Couldnít be more satisfied.
    . Not sure how good they would do in rocky territory but I have a lot of miles on mine turkey hunting. They run a bit small, get 1/2 size up. I see they have version 2.0 now. Hope they are as comfortable.

Cool Club
    Not to hijack but I would like a office-worthy boot with a vibram lug sole, 8Ē lace up. Thx.