Thread: Beretta Magazine Cutoff replacement jig

Only the Green!

Beretta Magazine Cutoff replacement jig

If you have never taken out your 390/391 series magazine cutoff, let me tell you it is a pain in the keester. I had one that was almost impossible to engage and disengage on the 391. When I took it apart, I found the chrome peeling on the plunger. The new one arrived and I could not for the life of me get it back together. I came up with this:

The prototype worked flawlessly, I had the cutoff installed in under a minute:

Slot is 2" long x .300" wide and main hole is .465" in diameter and approximately 3/4" from the short end and the Micarta is 1/4" thick x 1 1/2" wide and 3" long.

I used a allen wrench to push the cutoff home, but I am fabbing a tool to actually do it next time.

Hi Oprhanedcowboy,

I have to repair my 390 Cutoff. I am interested in the pictures of your jib but they are no longer available. Would you be so kind as to repost them?

Thanks

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by vwguy View Post
    Hi Oprhanedcowboy,

I have to repair my 390 Cutoff. I am interested in the pictures of your jib but they are no longer available. Would you be so kind as to repost them?

Thanks
    ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by pck View Post
    ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He has the shell stop/magazine cutoff removed from his Beretta, I made a jig that holds the assembled cutoff and then you simply clamp it to your receiver and slide it in and install the roll pin.

If you have never done one, it's almost impossible.

Exactly. Can you repost the pictures as the ones in your original post are no longer available.

Thank you in advance.