Thread: Obama access for $500k - we should pool together..

Only the Green!

Obama access for $500k - we should pool together..

...and sit down with him to discuss his job performance

I'd like to discuss his weapons ban, have a beer, an have Biden attend. We'll bring Fig to keep Biden company on the same wavelength

-----------------------

Chuck Todd on OFA Fundraising: ‘This Just Looks Bad’
    OFA donors who give $500,000 get quarterly meetings with Obama

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    February 25, 2013 10:47 am

MSNBC’s Chuck Todd criticized Monday the new fundraising efforts of President Obama’s dark money group, Organizing for Action, calling a scheme for high donors to meet regularly with Obama “the*definition of selling access.”

Todd was describing the quarterly meetings that will be enjoyed by OFA’s $500,000 donors, the*New York Times*reported over the weekend:

But those contributions will also translate into access, according to donors courted by the president’s aides. Next month, Organizing for Action will hold a “founders summit” at a hotel near the White House, where donors paying $50,000 each will mingle with Mr. Obama’s former campaign manager, Jim Messina, and Mr. Carson, who previously led the White House Office of Public Engagement.

Giving or raising $500,000 or more puts donors on a national advisory board for Mr. Obama’s group and the privilege of attending quarterly meetings with the president, along with other meetings at the White House. Moreover, the new cash demands on Mr. Obama’s top donors and bundlers come as many of them are angling for appointments to administration jobs or ambassadorships.

“This just looks bad–it looks like the White House is selling access,” Todd said Monday. “It’s the definition of selling access. If you believe money has a strangle hold over the entire political system this is ceding the moral high ground.”

The perk was first reported by the*Los Angeles Times*earlier in February after a meeting between OFA leadership and top Los Angeles and Bay Area fundraisers for Obama’s reelection campaign.

OFA is a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) and therefore not required to disclose the identities of its donors, nor the amounts they give. In addition to major campaign donors, the organization’s leadership has been courting corporate donors.

----------

Tax exempt is total bull Shiat !!!!!!!!!!! Obamas secret police
    I'm a Republican, because not everybody can be on welfare

"I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food"
    W C Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' 87 View Post
    Wino got a degree in alcoholistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzoner View Post
    You'll wish you'd have gotten the bigger one....I do.

Pond Popper
    I have no desire to be in the same city with him, much less meet the man.

The fact that MONEY allows you to do it is just wrong.

Only the Green!
    Having a Threecurl around is like having the nuclear option.

Double Banded
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post

I'd like to discuss his weapons ban, have a beer, an have Biden attend.
    Schedule it for the next time that your prostate exam is due. I can guarantee you that if he were to meet with a Texan who duck hunts, you would get the full "treatment".

Why is he fundraising? If he wants a 3rd term, all he has to do is just say so and it will be done.

SR Hunter
    how can I respect the man when I have no more respect for the office?
    Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post

I'd like to discuss his weapons ban, have a beer, an have Biden attend. We'll bring Fig to keep Biden company on the same wavelength

Bring a bottle of your good stuff. It'll take a bottle (at least) before we have similar wavelengths...

Hell, after a bottle, maybe I can get joe to "fire 2 rounds from a double barrel shotgun".... if ya know what I mean and I think you do.

Banded Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGeese View Post
    how can I respect the office when I have no more respect for the man?

FIFY