Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Duck Dynasty Staged?

Jr Hunter
    Yep I know lots of folks that watch it with their kids, not too many shows on tv you can do that with....on a side note I'll add, Si really is like that lol. First time I hunted with them Si fell asleep & caught his beard on fire with the heater.

Banded Bird
    My whole family likes the show. It does seem more scripted than the videos or even the Duck Commander show that was on the outdoor channel. I have been watching the videos and DVD's since the early 90's and one of their draws were they were very entertaining without trying to be. Didn't seem like they were playing to the cameras. I see alot more of that now. Still like they show and the guys.

Barney
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill67 View Post
    scripted or not, it is good family entertainment and I don't have to worry about my 9yr old daughter seeing or hearing something I don't feel she should be subjected too. Can't say that much for almost any tv show now.
    ^^^^ This.

Pond Popper
    It took a while to warm up to watching the show. I'm used to watching them kill a lot more ducks on their shows. But they are good people, and fake or not, it is entertaining.
    "Deep down in my soul... is ducks." -Phil Robertson

Double Banded
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwood View Post
    was a loyal follower of Richard Simmons Family Jewels
    Whooaa!! Put down the Hard Lemonade and step away from the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jherr View Post
    Maybe we should call you Badass76
    Quote Originally Posted by TxFig View Post
    I really want to say something here, but can't come up with something that is both funny and doesn't sound totally pervish.
    Quote Originally Posted by swing View Post
    anyone have that old hunting picture with the old dude hanging his junk out?

Noob
    I think outlined maybe but there aren't any scripts.
    You know Si can't read let alone memorize

Jr Hunter
    It is one of the only shows my family watches together. It is funny and yes it is scripted still a great show. Met Phil, Si and Willey this last weekend. Phil is as good a guy as you could ask for and definitely has not let all his money go to his head. Si was quieter than I was expecting but still a great guy. Willie seems pretty good to go also. Seems like the whole family is well grounded.

Double Banded
    It's obviously staged to a certain extent, but I'm a big fan of the way the family sits down together at the dinner table at the end of every show and they actually give a serious message. If all families would make spending some time together like that on a daily basis a priority, many would be much better off.

Double Banded
    Every reality show out there is scripted in a writing room long before it hits the air.

SR Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill67 View Post
    scripted or not, it is good family entertainment and I don't have to worry about my 9yr old daughter seeing or hearing something I don't feel she should be subjected too. Can't say that much for almost any tv show now.
    Agreed....folks get their rocks off trying to pick something out on TV that isn't real for some reason.

My wife loves it as well. We both know it is fake but we don't high five each other pointing about possible fake stuff all show either. Just watch the show for what it is.....It is good family entertainment.

I know a lot of folks that would kill to have a family that hunts, fishes and does so much together.
    TEAM SUPER INTERNET BADASS

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Skack View Post
    Agreed....folks get their rocks off trying to pick something out on TV that isn't real for some reason.

My wife loves it as well. We both know it is fake but we don't high five each other pointing about possible fake stuff all show either. Just watch the show for what it is.....It is good family entertainment.

I know a lot of folks that would kill to have a family that hunts, fishes and does so much together.
    Still can't believe you guys are attacking Rob. Crazy. Also, just as brother Skack has taught us....when something sucks but you're such a jaded wage slave that you just need something shiny and loud to keep you from any kind of introspective thought that might lead one to a hint of self discovery...shut up, take a Xanax, and retreat into the world of ignorant bliss. There are more of us than you after all.
    Back off, Warchild, seriously.......thank you.

Death defying, mutilated, armies scatter the earth.....crawling out of dirty holes, their morals, their morals disappear.

Jr Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Skack View Post

Agreed. Good family entertainment.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by burns_312 View Post
    It's obviously staged to a certain extent, but I'm a big fan of the way the family sits down together at the dinner table at the end of every show and they actually give a serious message. If all families would make spending some time together like that on a daily basis a priority, many would be much better off.
    South Park does that too.

Seriously - I agree. I love that part of the show.

Pond Popper
    you have to ask???????????

Banded Bird
    Is any TV real? Even the news is sensationalized and/or spun to the left (typically) or right.

SR Hunter
    Sure but I still enjoy it. I love how they refer to everyone in terms of Willie. Willie's dad, is brother, his other brother. His cousin's son's retarded sister... etc.
    November 18th 1999

It's really funny Cap. It's Afghanistanimation.

Team RNFK- Got stingers?
    Team OTM - Merganser Chapter

Texas A&M University
    Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page