Thread: Starting it off

Only the Green!

Starting it off

Made the jump over here from the refuge.

Double Banded
    Don't have both feet in but tired of the bs.

Barney
    Thought i'd jump in and try the new one also. Still enjoying watching the fuge implode.

Pond Popper
    FUGE is fugged. Let the party begin here boys. Tire slashers and OOSer's unite! Where's Kelly?

Double Banded
    I heard he locked himself in a closet with pictures of SuzyQ.

Barney
    And here i was hoping to enjoy the new place without radio show ads! Of course if he brings suzy i guess i could put up with it

Only the Green!
    Well there has been some sort of migration overnight. Looking at probably 1k coots as we speak. Don't see any ducks, but they might show up tonight. Who knows. Only 1 month till we can hunt.

Double Banded
    I have seen/heard several small flocks of specks and cranes. They were headed on down the line.

Pond Popper
    The few ponds around me that have water are holding a few ducks and the local honks have grouped well. Another good front and we should have huntable numbers. Water situation improve any down there kswaterfowler?

Only the Green!
    Negative. Still can not pump marshes. Reservoir conservation pool is normally 1039 and the lake level is currently 1035.16. Most of the ponds I have hunted in the past are dry or really close to it. Going to make it interesting this year. Coots are on the lake here at work.

Saw about 100 canadas crossing the I over your way. It was right at dark sunday night

The fuge really took a turn for the worse with WS in control!!!!!!

Double Banded
    How bad is the corn crop really up there guys?

Gonna be up in your neck of the woods for the annual trip in about a month.

Only the Green!
    There was no corn crop. Most of the corn came out in July. Alot of it has since been disked under and planted to wheat locally.

Pond Popper

Starting it off

There were better stands of volunteer corn in september after the fields were turned under. Unreal how bad it's been the past two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    I don't give a FLying camel fuk where you came from or where you are going. You are here, IN AMERICA, act like it or get the fuk out.

Quote Originally Posted by roadgoeson20 View Post
    How bad is the corn crop really up there guys?

Gonna be up in your neck of the woods for the annual trip in about a month.

I'm fairly worried that most the birds are going to pass right through. With little to no water and zero grain on the ground, I don't know if we'll have much of a duck season. Goose hunting might be decent if we have a mild winter and they feed in green wheat fields.

For ducks, its probably going to be a year to forget..........Unless you can find water close to a feed lot, then look out!...............and I mean literally, look out for Mr. Green Jeans!

Barney
    I agree with TBS i think about our only saving grace this year might be goose season. I think what little public water anyone finds is going to be packed with hunters. Only crops that our renter cut on our ground this year were for insurance purposes and he ran the combine through at about 30 mph just to say he cut it. I thought that would be a good thing for grain on the ground but there wasn't even enough on the ears to leave any waste. Not much to make the ducks stop on the way through.

Pond Popper
    KSH, I'm lookin' at rivers with beans on da side!!! Specially iffin' late beans be cut around opener !!! All public areas gonna be jinxed with too many bodies !!! and little water!!!
    But maybe, just maybe, this ol'drought will slim out the bodies some!!
    Been seein' on various sell sites that some guys, even Cans-Assians, done be sellin' everthing they gots fer webfoots huntin', boats, decoys, blinds, the works !!!!
    And look at the DU migration map thingy, lots of webfoots already down on da coast, central Ark. Louisianna, Miss, etc. !!!!

Double Banded
    I bought a big boat to hunt the lakes and will be making trips every other weekend to Arkansewer. This year is gonna ****in suck. Rain Dance

Barney
    Had a buch of mallards show up on the creek this last week, They are working the acorns over pretty good but other then them thats all I have seen except one small buynch of divers on a strip pit I spotted two days ago. Darn little water, Guess I'll hunt the cement ponds