Thread: Waller White Wings....

SR Hunter

Waller White Wings....

hunted off 362 just south of Waller this AM and the whitewings were THICK. Hunt started off really slow but once the sun got up the whitewings started swarming. I had a limit by 8:15 and our 5 man crew was done by 9. A Labor Day dove grill is in order!
    Team Water Swat

Rollin hens on the water since 87!

Only the Green!
    White wings are lazy. They like to sleep in, like me.
    Last edited by Save the Cormorant; 09-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Only the Green!
    We're 10 miles south of you and have only killed one white wing. Too far from town I reckon.

Only the Green!
    6 white wings and 4 collared doves 4 miles west of Tomball. We were interrupted by a bull fight just short if 100 Tween 7 guns
    Quote Originally Posted by park duck View Post
    Which hat? I were a bunch of retard hats

Team Stick and String

Double Banded
    Saw a whitewing killed in the Pineywoods today near the Neches river. First one I have ever seen around here.

Only the Green!
    There were amazing numbers of whitewings in that field south of Waller. It's a harvested corn field, but with today's combines being so fricking efficient, nothing is left for the birds. None of the doves were actually trying to light in the field but were just flying over it after being pushed out of their nearby roosting and feeding areas by other hunters.

There were people hunting our field who make annual trips to hunt doves in Argentina and they said the action yesterday was better than they had seen in Argentina except here you had to stop at 15 birds.

SR Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
    6 white wings and 4 collared doves 4 miles west of Tomball. We were interrupted by a bull fight just short if 100 Tween 7 guns
    Bull Fight!!! thats worth the price of admission.
    Team Water Swat

SR Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by cryers View Post
    Saw a whitewing killed in the Pineywoods today near the Neches river. First one I have ever seen around here.
    Some time in the early 90s I saw my first whitewing on the upper Texas coast. It was nesting on a roof top near the Galveston yacht basin. Until then I had only seen these birds in far south Texas. Since then the have expanded their range tremendously. I have seen whitewings muscle mourning doves out of the way at feeders so i makes me wonder if they will eventually take over and make mourning doves a rare sight.
    Team Water Swat

Double Banded
    Hunted outside of Lake Mathis on Sunday, special white wing zone. Nine of us took two mourning each and 5 total white wing. Mourning dove were landing on our mojo's. Totally covered up with mournings. Could have limited out with rocks if they were in season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Double Banded
    Hunted Katy-Hockly @ Stockdick School near Pitts Rd. 98% white wings.