Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudbuddy surface drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Coco builds a rig that will shed parts and still get you back. I just like the ease of Pro Drive. Mudbuddy made some good products, the crappy service and the pure BS that comes with some dealers turns me off.'

Homey, this is NOT directed at the dealers that take care of their customers in any way.
    no worries...you are actually correct. there are a few folks in the game that could careless to help a guy after he's taken their money. Sucks seeing MB come all this way over the years to bring the belt drive Sport to the level where it is now only to be punched in the gut by the issues with this new motor. I completely understand customers distaste right now they may have with their Sport V issue(s) and hopefully the porosity problem will be resolved in short time. I do know that production of these motors has halted until the issue is COMPLETELY resolved. MB does not produce the casting in house, but still the egg is gonna fall on their face when issues arise. Being a first year motor, and like many other first run products, I think most would agree it to have expected some minor issues but nothing like this.
    The artist formerly known as LW

Pond Popper
    Quote Originally Posted by Homey da Clown View Post
    no worries...you are actually correct. there are a few folks in the game that could careless to help a guy after he's taken their money. Sucks seeing MB come all this way over the years to bring the belt drive Sport to the level where it is now only to be punched in the gut by the issues with this new motor. I completely understand customers distaste right now they may have with their Sport V issue(s) and hopefully the porosity problem will be resolved in short time. I do know that production of these motors has halted until the issue is COMPLETELY resolved. MB does not produce the casting in house, but still the egg is gonna fall on their face when issues arise. Being a first year motor, and like many other first run products, I think most would agree it to have expected some minor issues but nothing like this.
    His dealer has apparently been helpful but we'll see what happens. He is wanting out of the motor but who knows what the boat dealer will do. The biggest thing is that he is soooooo far away from where he purchased the boat and Mud Buddy has been less than helpful when he has called them. From what you are saying HTC, they know they have an issue so why are they being difficult. For the money he spent on this rig and him having a known problem, they should be bending over backwards to help him. IMO.
    I'm just glad that nothing happened to him or the guy with them. Or heaven forbid, my daughter and grandkids were with him and something had happened.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by txduckhunter View Post
    His dealer has apparently been helpful but we'll see what happens. He is wanting out of the motor but who knows what the boat dealer will do. The biggest thing is that he is soooooo far away from where he purchased the boat and Mud Buddy has been less than helpful when he has called them. From what you are saying HTC, they know they have an issue so why are they being difficult. For the money he spent on this rig and him having a known problem, they should be bending over backwards to help him. IMO.
    I'm just glad that nothing happened to him or the guy with them. Or heaven forbid, my daughter and grandkids were with him and something had happened.
    Why would the boat dealer take the boat back? Has it not done the job it was purchased for? I understand wanting a new motor or some compensation for a poor motor but why want out of the boat?

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Why would the boat dealer take the boat back? Has it not done the job it was purchased for? I understand wanting a new motor or some compensation for a poor motor but why want out of the boat?

If I bought a package deal, I'd want to return the whole damn thing.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by buffalorider View Post
    If I bought a package deal, I'd want to return the whole damn thing.
    It's like wanting your money back from a prostitute after you have already busted from a bj

Only the Green!
    It's like wanting your money back from a prostitute after you have already busted from a bj
    Never pay up front. That's a chump move.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    My younger boy beat a entire team of black kids two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by threecurl View Post
    Neil is right.

Only the Green!

Not at all. If I bought a new side x side and the motor blew immediately, I wouldn't want a new engine, I'd want to get as far away from the POS as possible. I know GTrax is a good hull, but what if you wanted to match the hull to your new motor, like a GT or PD?

Pond Popper
    Lumberjack, he has no problem with the boat. His only problem is with the motor.
    Just got off the phone with him and now he has been told that MB has a "recall" on that part..... which is kind of what Homey said.

Only the Green!

Mudbuddy surface drive?

Not at all. If I bought a new side x side and the motor blew immediately, I wouldn't want a new engine, I'd want to get as far away from the POS as possible. I know GTrax is a good hull, but what if you wanted to match the hull to your new motor, like a GT or PD?
    Apples and oranges. Two seperate items wear purchased at same time. Do you think mb Prodrive or slow devil would take their motors back if the hull leaked? The answer would be no.

SR Hunter
    That's because you're a filthy car dealer.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklab227 View Post
    95% of the fowler forum agrees. Maybe we should have a poll
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Tongue Kissed my first man (and only) at that bar.

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklab227 View Post

I'd be lying if I didn't say this popped into my head. Customer service is important in most markets, but apparently not in used cars.

Only the Green!
    I'd be lying if I didn't say this popped into my head. Customer service is important in most markets, but apparently not in used cars.
    I understand customer service better than most in cases that it is due. The guy asked for a new boat and got it. The boat has done nothing wrong. If mud buddy gave him a sport and refunded the difference the would do right by me. My problem
    Is when grown men do not understand they are liable for decisions they make.

Double Banded
    if it is insured, the best thing u can do is sink it and go get something else.

the damn things are either falling off of boats or the throttles are sticking wfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what else do you need to hear?

Only the Green!
    My problem
    Is when grown men do not understand they are liable for decisions they make.

Like buying a piece of shit that they didn't know was a piece of shit? This is a new product, bought in good faith. MB should have never sold the rig knowing what they know about it. A full refund would be the only appropriate thing to do if requested. Mud Buddy markets their rigs with GTrax hulls, and they are now aligned whether GTrax likes it or not. If I buy a complete rig and the motor is junk, i would naturally assume that they hull is as well.

If GTrax doesn't want to eat the cost they should align themselves with a more reputable company.

Only the Green!
    Like buying a piece of shit that they didn't know was a piece of shit? This is a new product, bought in good faith. MB should have never sold the rig knowing what they know about it. A full refund would be the only appropriate thing to do if requested. Mud Buddy markets their rigs with GTrax hulls, and they are now aligned whether GTrax likes it or not. If I buy a complete rig and the motor is junk, i would naturally assume that they hull is as well.

If GTrax doesn't want to eat the cost they should align themselves with a more reputable company.
    Are you implying I sell pieces of shit? Do you think ford would by back a truck with a bad motor or just replace the motor? How about Chevy?

Cool Club
    You boys could fork up a riot
    When in doubt, you can always pee on it.
    Neil Camp-Works for me, you technological Pygmy.

Only the Green!
    Are you implying I sell pieces of shit? Do you think ford would by back a truck with a bad motor or just replace the motor? How about Chevy?

Here's the thing, Dick, I don't give a rat's ass what you sell. Yes, if Chevy sold me a truck that blew the engine within 20hours I would demand (and they would comply) that I receive a complete refund. If they didn't, I would park the SOB across the street from the dealership with a big ass lemon sign. Yes, it works.

A bad reputation is not worth the cost of a boat, truck, or whatever it is the hell that you sell.

Cat did it with their diesel engines in tour busses an now has a class action suit against them that they WILL lose. Now their reputation in the market is completely ruined, and they'll still end up buying the flawed engines back (along with punitive damages).

SR Hunter
    Here's the thing, Dick, I don't give a rat's ass what you sell. Yes, if Chevy sold me a truck that blew the engine within 20hours I would demand (and they would comply) that I receive a complete refund. If they didn't, I would park the SOB across the street from the dealership with a big ass lemon sign. Yes, it works.

A bad reputation is not worth the cost of a boat, truck, or whatever it is the hell that you sell.

Cat did it with their diesel engines in tour busses an now has a class action suit against them that they WILL lose. Now their reputation in the market is completely ruined, and they'll still end up buying the flawed engines back (along with punitive damages).
    Cat is actually out of the "on road" engine business....

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaudi View Post
    Cat is actually out of the "on road" engine business....

Yes, due to the shatty engines they produced. They just couldn't manufacture a reliable engine that would meet the new government regulations. They then refused to warranty their product, thus driving them from the market.