Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Denton, TX high school changing the Constitution? ? ?

Banded Bird

Denton, TX high school changing the Constitution? ? ?

Double Banded
    bullchitz
    Once you reconcile yourself with the fact that the vast, overwhelming majority of the population of the United States - and, indeed, the entire world - are *****ing retards, you can finally achieve inner peace. You won't need to ask why. You'll know. - ThreeCurl

Only the Green!
    How is "Denton, TX high school" changing the constitution? I assume they didnt write the textbook? Looks to be an AP History textbook. You may want to check with the publisher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
    The gayest thing has to be sig lining your refuge post count.
    Total Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    so I agree with you. that sucks.

Only the Green!
    The Constitution has been shredded for a long time. Conservatives the same as libtards have participated.
    Politicians, Police and Drug Cartels all agree, the War On Drugs (War on Freedom) is great for business.

Banded Bird
    Quote Originally Posted by swing View Post
    How is "Denton, TX high school" changing the constitution? I assume they didnt write the textbook? Looks to be an AP History textbook. You may want to check with the publisher.

I would expect people who live there to let their school district know that the text book in question is not acceptable.

olepal

Only the Green!
    So your take is that - the school didn't actually write the text book - it's OK that they use it to teach students?

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Bill View Post
    So your take is that - the school didn't actually write the text book - it's OK that they use it to teach students?
    come on bill..i give you credit for a smidgen of intelligence. the op said "Denton TX high school changing the constitution". are they? trying to figure out why this high school is getting all the heat? what about the AUTHORS and PUBLISHERS of the book? they arent even mentioned. i highly doubt the school reads every line in every book before issuing it. now that its been brought to their attention, i feel confident they will change text books. also, there are many, many other schools who use that very common book.

i was simply saying that Guyer High School is not "changing the constitution". that type of stupid hyperbole drives me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie T View Post
    The gayest thing has to be sig lining your refuge post count.
    Total Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    so I agree with you. that sucks.

SR Hunter
    You guys do realize the State determines what books can be used and then each ISD determines from that list what they will teach from
    From the text it sounds like the book is formatted luke the newer versions of tge Bible in easier to read versions
    No doubt that a more liberal agenda is being taught in school

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    was known as Maxflight on another forum , but wanted to start fresh here

Only the Green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwood View Post
    You guys do realize the State determines what books can be used and then each ISD determines from that list what they will teach from
    The new text is unsurprising. The state is actively removing science from science texts. Why break the pattern and give an accurate representation of the Constitution in a history book?
    Having a Threecurl around is like having the nuclear option.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwood View Post
    From the text it sounds like the book is formatted luke the newer versions of tge Bible in easier to read versions
    No doubt that a more liberal agenda is being taught in school

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    and the teacher should have enough common sense not to teach whats exactly in the book. The book is a supplement used to enforce what is being taught BY THE TEACHER.
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdavis View Post
    Here I sit, cheeks a' flexin
    Givin' birth to another Texan

Banded Bird
    i was simply saying that Guyer High School is not "changing the constitution". that type of stupid hyperbole drives me nuts.
    It should also not take a genius to determine that the statement in the subject line was intended to get people to read the article. Certainly no high school can change the Constitution, but as I have said repeatedly about the election of Obama and others, if we continue to just sit back and watch without saying something, we are helping with the problem. Parents and others CAN influence what books are used and how the information is presented to their children.

olepal

Only the Green!
    By engaging in the kind of mindless hyperbole you have in this thread, you're not speaking truth to power or helping advance the mighty cause. You're perpetuating the impression that conservatives are a bunch of hyperventilating retards divorced from any sense of proportion.

Cool Club
    Quote Originally Posted by threecurl View Post
    By engaging in the kind of mindless hyperbole you have in this thread, you're not speaking truth to power or helping advance the mighty cause. You're perpetuating the impression that conservatives are a bunch of hyperventilating retards divorced from any sense of proportion.
    Huurmph
    Do I play golf? NO SIR, golf is for folks that can't kill ducks and can't catch fish!

Double Banded
    Its easier than they thought.

A high school teaches from a textbook that eliminates the 2nd Amendment and the person who informs people about it is the one who is attacked on a hunting forum.

We dont have a chance......

Only the Green!
    Without unhiding Howard's post, let me see if I've got its contents down.

"You guys obviously don't really care about the Constitution. None of you are real conservatives because you don't fight for what matters. The country is doomed."

How'd I do?

Cool Club

"You guys obviously don't really care about the Constitution. None of you are real conservatives because you don't fight for what matters. The country is doomed."

How'd I do?
    Pretty good

Only the Green!

How'd I do?
    Pretty much spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    My younger boy beat a entire team of black kids two weeks ago.

Neil is right.

Only the Green!

SR Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by HDD View Post
    Its easier than they thought.

A high school teaches from a textbook that eliminates the 2nd Amendment and the person who informs people about it is the one who is attacked on a hunting forum.

We dont have a chance......
    Texas buys more textbooks than anyone in the country, hold the people accountable that make the decision on buying those books, we are all pissed of at WHAT is being taught, but the teacher is a pawn in the grand scheme of things..the textbooks being used and the legislators that bought them are the real culprits
    was known as Maxflight on another forum , but wanted to start fresh here

Double Banded

How'd I do?
    You missed.

I said nothing about Conservatives.

Short brain syndrome.